Article: Trainz Service Pack 1 - give us your feedback.

The last two backups had 125,000 (open for edit failed to complete) and 340,00 items ! I feel like a hoarder. Even the back-up file could not handle (obviously not really freeing up space, just moving "location". Maybe if I play around with TS12 Content Manager, I can get more specific about the files I want to move into TANE. That is how I succeeded in the BETA version.

1, T: ANE work only after a fresh install nVidia driver - otherwise fall (even on the menu)
2, does not start in full screen (after Alt + Enter - the black box can not be disabled)
3, When you repair the database sometimes threaten to overflow memory (for example, when running the browser)

1, T: ANE work only after a fresh install nVidia driver - otherwise fall (even on the menu)
2, does not start in full screen (after Alt + Enter - the black box can not be disabled)
3, When you repair the database sometimes threaten to overflow memory (for example, when running the browser)

In tweaking my display, I found not using full screen and adjusting the image worked much better. Bonus: I have a dual monitor system, and now I can stretch the game image partly or fully across both monitors. I also had to make adjustments to my AMD Radeon setings to get the aspect ration to come out correct. Initially, in full screen mode, T:ANE screen was big and somewhat squashed.

Works great, but have the following issues:

a. Surveyor. Even working on the fastest hardware available, the cursor sometimes goes busy. Only Clicking on Quick Drive returns the cursor to a normal state.
b. Surveyor. Annoying to see the turning wheel runs and runs in objects when content search filter is on and there are no objects found.
c. Content Manager. It should be possible to shift between thumbnail and list mode without going back to Trainz Settings and thereby loose your current search.

If needed I can document these issues in more detail.

Hei Tony

I have only been using TANE SP1 for my route building during the last few weeks. For the most part I find it good and better than TS12.

There are a few bugs and one I find irritating (though it also occured in TS12) is that the Content search filter in Surveyor sometimes loses the slide on the right hand side so that you can go down your pick list beyond the bottom of the screen area. This seems only to occur after I have been using texture paint and/or Bulk asset replace. I have a large route so it may be a memory issue or similar, or a bug?

Has anybody else experienced this bug? I have not seem it mentioned on the forum.

pdw

Hello Trainz members,

Planning to buy a boxed two disk version of the TANE (a two disc set with SP1 included) from a software shop.
Reason is that downloading data in huge gigabyte chunks is getting costly especially when using a prepaid USB wireless broadband device.

Most of us are aware off is that Trainz is a creative software product that members can share their work with each other and use in creating assets such as layouts, sessions. Some online DLS freeware kuids are full of bugs and errors especially in the configuration files, and patching them up for personal use is entertaining fun.
There is always room for improvement of the product and that whats makes the game more interesting than other gaming products.

Mike Davies

PS:
Also a member of British Trainz Forum ( http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk ) and;
Shane Turners Forum ( http://newforum.trainztutorials.com ), where useful helpful information can be exchanged about the developing simulator products.

Hello Trainz members,

Planning to buy a boxed two disk version of the TANE (a two disc set with SP1 included) from a software shop.
Reason is that downloading data in huge gigabyte chunks is getting costly especially when using a prepaid USB wireless broadband device.

Most of us are aware off is that Trainz is a creative software product that members can share their work with each other and use in creating assets such as layouts, sessions. Some online DLS freeware kuids are full of bugs and errors especially in the configuration files, and patching them up for personal use is entertaining fun.
There is always room for improvement of the product and that whats makes the game more interesting than other gaming products.

Mike Davies

PS:
Also a member of British Trainz Forum ( http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk ) and;
Shane Turners Forum ( http://newforum.trainztutorials.com ), where useful helpful information can be exchanged about the developing simulator products.

One thing to be aware of if you do get the SP1 disc or USB version - some manual folder creation may be required (N3V have mentioned this in their Knowledge Base article on it).

Shane

TANE-SP1.
After a couple of weeks using the SP1 version my observations. I accept that some of these may be a factor of my system but other versions of Trainz have worked perfectly on the same system.
System: Windows 7 (64Bit). Core I7 CPU. 16GB RAM.
Content Manager Issues.

1. My version of the CM main window looks nothing like the images shown in the documentation. My version of the asset listing shows the drop-down/select boxes the full width of the screen which is not very user friendly.
  2. CM does not ‘remember’ the last selected display listing and always starts with the ‘’Installed” listing.
  3. Previous versions of CM (TRS2010 for example) saved the various display settings in Tab form which was a much neater window and a more useable way of showing what search options had been saved by the user.
  4. The CM Download progress window shows various spurious lines when expanded and then reduced using the > arrow at the left of the progress bar. The window refreshes perfectly when using the standard Windows Minimise/Maximise controls in the top Right hand corner of the window.
In the Game.

1. Most frustrating issue is that Surveyor does not return to the position on a layout where you were last editing. Previously Surveyor would “bookmark” the present position prior to exiting and return to that position next time you edited the route.
  2. Bulk Asset Replacement Tool. The selection for “anywhere on the route” doesnt work for Ground Textures particularly and with various other scenery items. This tool only seems to replace items within a certain radius of the current position.

General observatios

1. CM Developer Log seems to have a huge amount of vaguely worded messages from all sorts of asset items, none of which are time stamped. There seems to be no way of turning the Log function Off that I have found so-far. I wonder at the CPU and I/O cycles being used for no practical reason. Unless I am trying to de-bug some issue the log is of no use and it should be disabled by default.
  2. The Trainz Settings Install Tab. The bottom of the letters in the “Product Key: (Required to activate this product)“ text is chopped off.(The font is too big for the defined space in the window).

Peter Gibbons.

I purchased the "boxed" PC (nothing but a disc) version and had the same problem. I had to FIRST, create the folders it was looking for as the program obviously cannot do that under Windows 7 Pro, THEN run under Admin. My first "successful" attempt ended up with a crc error and failure. The second attempt was successful. It is not a firewall issue since my installation had nothing to do with any external access.

Hello,

I installed 80349 and now I am about to move my routes and the content from TS12 and from pre TANE-SP1 versions to the new one.
Version 80349 works nice and looks nice :)
Probably I did not discover all the new possibilities yet.

Besides some problems about newer versions of mesh libraries I have one major problem:
I like the new Height-Adjustment-Tool and also the possibility for random placement of assets in an area. This will be very useful for creation of forests – for instance.
The new possibilities for object rotation within the replacement process are very nice too.

But I really miss the possibility to influent or to change the height adjustment of scenery objects within the replacment process.

I am looking for a way to reset height adjustment of scenery objects (trees) back to „0“ – but automatically – meaning hundreds of objects in one step – not using the Height-Adjustment-Tool at each object individually.
Why? Due to the lack of suitable bushes (including season change) I used trees and lowered it down to -4 Meters (sometimes -2 Meters or -5 Meters) using the Height-Adjustment-Tool in surveyor to make that little trees looking like bushes as I placed it in.
But now in TANE SP1 there are a lot of nice looking bushes available and so I want to replace the lowered trees using these new bushes. Also this should stop the waste of tree-polygons hidden under the ground. Therefore I need to push the once lowered assets back to the height of “0”. After that I would like to use the replacement tool to switch from the former used trees to the new bushes.
The replacement tool has been nicely improved but it does not provide the possibility to influent or to change the object height within the replacement process (although suggested long ago).

Does anybody has an idea?
Thanks in advance.
Regards TUME

This is more like a bug report. Tunnels now have smoke only in them instead of loco lights.

Position memory loss when changing from F2 Tracking view to F4 Free view and back again. Has to be reset manually.

I don't know which patch I was almost given. I kept clicking NEXT, was told there were two patch available for my iMac, entered my computer's master password and the Patch Installer said "Ready to begin" and that was that. Nothing more happened.

Tried again. It wants to upgrade SP1 80413 to SP1 HF1 81197, but still nothing happens. It sits at "Ready to begin" and stops.

Since reinstalling TANE from scratch last week, Build 81296, the last three days have gone from bad to worse. Now, TANE crashes while building the database on startup---can't get by it, though it ran a couple of days ago. After months of spending all my TANE time either clearing faulty dependencies or chasing bugs, I'm ready to throw in the towel. As a kickstarter contributor, I didn't expect to go from running T12 to having nothing work at all. Very disappointed.

Since reinstalling TANE from scratch last week, Build 81296, the last three days have gone from bad to worse. Now, TANE crashes while building the database on startup---can't get by it, though it ran a couple of days ago. After months of spending all my TANE time either clearing faulty dependencies or chasing bugs, I'm ready to throw in the towel. As a kickstarter contributor, I didn't expect to go from running T12 to having nothing work at all. Very disappointed.

That's a known issue with a workaround. Open your T:ANE userdata folder and clear the contents of the cache/internet folder.

Shane

Need a little more help

That's a known issue with a workaround. Open your T:ANE userdata folder and clear the contents of the cache/internet folder.

Shane

I could not find a userdata folder. At Program Files/Trainz A New Era folder I did find a data folder but it contained only one sub-folder, spinner-anim. I did find a userdata folder under Trainz12 (even though I uninstalled Trainz12)---it had a cache folder. Clearing it made not difference. I guess I haven't found the folder to which you are referring. Can you help?

I could not find a userdata folder. At Program Files/Trainz A New Era folder I did find a data folder but it contained only one sub-folder, spinner-anim. I did find a userdata folder under Trainz12 (even though I uninstalled Trainz12)---it had a cache folder. Clearing it made not difference. I guess I haven't found the folder to which you are referring. Can you help?

For T:ANE, it's where you asked it to put the userdata to during the installation unless you've changed it - by default it's %localappdata%\N3V Games\TANE.

Shane

Successful

For T:ANE, it's where you asked it to put the userdata to during the installation unless you've changed it - by default it's %localappdata%\N3V Games\TANE.

Shane

I had forgotten about that location. Thank you very much. I have the database rebuilt and I'm ready to try one more time.

Back