Article: Trainz Service Pack 1 - give us your feedback.

At this point, I have nothing good to say about the Trane SP1 update. I ordered the download due to the special offer Auran was offering. At this point, I have tried to load it on to 2 different computers and it has failed each time. On each computer, I get a message: MSVCP120.dll is missing. I suspect this is a driver problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. At this time, I can only say that this has been a waste of money for me and unless I can get this problem fixed, I will not be an Auran customer again.

At this point, I have nothing good to say about the Trane SP1 update. I ordered the download due to the special offer Auran was offering. At this point, I have tried to load it on to 2 different computers and it has failed each time. On each computer, I get a message: MSVCP120.dll is missing. I suspect this is a driver problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. At this time, I can only say that this has been a waste of money for me and unless I can get this problem fixed, I will not be an Auran customer again.

Welcome to the forums. In order to fix that error you need the Visual C++ 2013 redistributable files from Microsoft - here's a link to them: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 (you may need both the X86 and X64 versions).

Shane

Now they want me to pay $25 (including shipping) to fix the faulty software. The patches and fixes should be provided at no cost in my opinion.

If the original software was faulty (and there is a lot of evidence it was, considering that the patch was released before you had even received your disks) then you need to take this up with N3V directly (NOT the helpdesk). You are entitled to what you paid for without additional charges.

I am totally amazed how well TANE SP1 is running., I added a revamped verion of the USYT route I did. Never stuttered very high FPS ., I am speechlessly happy all I can say...great job guys!

I must be missing something. The graphics look like something from the 10 years ago. Literally painful to look at. Max settings using a GTX970, i7, 16 RAM. Is there a secret to making this thing look half decent? Any help would be appreciated before I go back to TS2016. Thanks.

I'm totally confused I was a TANE kickstarter backer but its telling me that SP1 is not authorised. I have no idea what's going on, did I not patch my earlier working TANE version which was at 78667 and I wasn't using it easier as half the layouts were broken. I downloaded a standalone installer offline-installer-TANE_sp1-80349, So did I download the wrong version for kickstarter users? Why is it not authorised? With the overly complex patching mechanism and totally stuck on how to use this of if I even can. Most other games have a simpler auto patcher that just works with one click - Elite, Star Citizen, Train Simulator.

So you want to know what I think of it, I think it's a terrible user experience and you need to sort it out.

I must be missing something. The graphics look like something from the 10 years ago. Literally painful to look at. Max settings using a GTX970, i7, 16 RAM. Is there a secret to making this thing look half decent? Any help would be appreciated before I go back to TS2016. Thanks.

Same set up here, forget Max settings they were only included for those with extremely high end systems, TS12 has an auto limiting system that cut the draw distance down to less than 1000m and removed assets and is extremely unpopular for those with high end systems that could handle the load, consequently we have been given access to maximum settings for everything regardless of whether the system can handle them all at once.

Try this.
In Trainz Settings
Shadow Quality High
Mainshadow resolution 4096
Texture Detail Normal
Post Processing Low
Water Quality High
Antialiasing 4x
detail update rate high
Tick the following
Multiple Render threads
Use Texture Streaming
Use PhysX Simulation
Process objects behind camera

Under General check screen resolution and refresh rate are correct
Vertical Sync = Full

In game settings not under the Launcher settings

Maximum Draw distance 4000 or 6000 or 8000, depends on how many trees and buildings are present
Scenery Detail High
Tree Detail Normal

In game environmental settings, the default settings are IMO horrible but can be changed when editing routes or sessions
Menu > edit environment click one of the green blobs on the clock face to activate the controls and click on the three boxes on the right to select what you are adjusting. Three dials for red green and blue.

I find Ambient best around the 11 O'clock position.
Sun about 2 O'clock
Water adjust to suit but probably 10 o'clock or less.
Fog, up to the individual I guess

Add to that if you know what you are doing, the shaders are editable, post on here somewhere on some suggestions

Nvidia Control panel, make sure the Shader cache is enabled, rest leave at default.

After installing SP1 Build 80349, when I try to start Trainz, I get the error message “Unable to authorize this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details (preciously Planet Auran) in Launcher>Setting>Internet.”

When I go to Settings>Internet, my username and password have been entered correctly and the screen says “MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct” I can also log in to my MyTrainz account online.

I can still launch Trainz Build 78667. The SP1 downloader and installation installed SP1 in a different location, so I ended up with both versions installed.

I have just purchased this and frankly disappointed. The graphics are a bit hazy and the start up time is poor. I am using HP Quad core with SSD hard disks and a decent Nvidia graphics card.
The thing that made me a bit cross was the mistake on the ECML If you place a consist in platform 2 or 3 of the Skegness station and try to let it run to any random station the points SS01 and SS02 do not change automatically. This was pointed out in TS12 to The team and was promised that the "crew" would sort it out.
There is also an issue with what seems to be thousands of green boards that are not needed.
Overall impression not good...sorry.

Instead of decent graphics how about mentioning the specific details? And the rest of your computer too?

I don't think that is what's supposed to happen...

tZAaPoY.jpg

Also, this game cannot be uninstalled. So...there's also that...

6le19T8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like some files got corrupted. what built is that supposed to be? If you get the same results again, try downloading a fresh set of files. I've seen it too and instead of wasting time finding the one or more files that are bad, I just deleted the lot and started over.

I'm sorry, but my frustration is bordering on anger!
I have bought EVERY version of Trainz since day 1, and have had no problems till TANE! First my graphics card wasn't up to scratch, so I bought a new one. But still the frame rate is about on par with the 2004 version. The game constantly crashes my computer, and I haven't been able to use one complete task.
I did log a ticket some ago, sent the info as required, and have heard nothing since.
I just need to talk to somebody about this!
PS I have downloaded SP1 with no change at all.
Frustrated!!!!

Ok, so...

I was able to uninstall this using Revo Uninstaller. I hate that program because messing with registry keys is very risky, but I was careful. Now, it seems to have downloaded and installed properly. But, if you're looking for feedback about SP1, I'm going to say that I'm still waiting one year later for anything close to the finished product that was promised in May of 2015.

This is a screencap of the Northern Pacific Lookout Pass Line route which came as part of the Deluxe Preorder. Even after SP1, I don't see the detail promised. The white is just that...plain white. I could have created this image with my Commodore 64, 33 years ago. There is no detail and no texture for the landscape. It looks like the train is immersed in snow form this angle.

And why am I still chasing a line that differentiates between tracks? This is the same issue I had in the 2010 and 2012 versions. The track changes form and you keep chasing it. Why?

The word I circled is supposed to read "Paused," but it looks like "used," which seems more appropriate to me. That's how I feel. Can I have my money back? Seriously...can I?

BBLCevg.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Common problem: there is no place to vent problems with the program except this forum and bug report at N3V. I waited before jumping to T:ANE until last week, as TS12 works mostly fine for me and I have a lot invested in my built route(s). I took the plunge using the links provided for those that worked on the initial debugging and Beta testing. Had NO problems, downloaded and set me up rather quickly to 80349. Initially, worked, but graphics sucked, so i started a process of tweeking that involved my graphics software as well. Arrived at a spectacular TANE SP1 that runs like a charm and is gorgeous. Great job guys.

However, have been trying for a couple of days to bring my content from TS12 over, without success. Latest error is, after trying to open all the non-built-in files for edit (a time-consuming process) I am now encountering a disk full error! Apparent;y I am filling up space with something, as this error only appeared after about my third attempt to open these files for edit. Encountering one problem after another. Until I get this solved, I'm sticking with TS12. Oddly, when I was Beta testing TANE I was able to import one my routes into TANE with success. I do not need to import ALL my content. I would be happy if I could get just two of my active routes over, but the knowledge base (full of misinformation and poorly set out instructions) does not seem to present that option. It is all of nothing and difficult to navigate. Search engine all but DOA.

Sourtoe

Wow. Common problem: there is no place to vent problems with the program except this forum and bug report at N3V. I waited before jumping to T:ANE until last week, as TS12 works mostly fine for me and I have a lot invested in my built route(s). I took the plunge using the links provided for those that worked on the initial debugging and Beta testing. Had NO problems, downloaded and set me up rather quickly to 80349. Initially, worked, but graphics sucked, so i started a process of tweeking that involved my graphics software as well. Arrived at a spectacular TANE SP1 that runs like a charm and is gorgeous. Great job guys.

However, have been trying for a couple of days to bring my content from TS12 over, without success. Latest error is, after trying to open all the non-built-in files for edit (a time-consuming process) I am now encountering a disk full error! Apparent;y I am filling up space with something, as this error only appeared after about my third attempt to open these files for edit. Encountering one problem after another. Until I get this solved, I'm sticking with TS12. Oddly, when I was Beta testing TANE I was able to import one my routes into TANE with success. I do not need to import ALL my content. I would be happy if I could get just two of my active routes over, but the knowledge base (full of misinformation and poorly set out instructions) does not seem to present that option. It is all of nothing and difficult to navigate. Search engine all but DOA.

Sourtoe

Check your backup folders setting in Trainz Settings (Developer tab). It may be that the backup folders are eating up your space.

Shane

Check your backup folders setting in Trainz Settings (Developer tab). It may be that the backup folders are eating up your space.

Shane

Thank you Shane! I checked . It is set to 7. Should it be less? I see now where the files are, each dated by when it was created. I assume I can just delete most of these. In fact, I can see which are the huge ones based on my attempts to open all my files for editing before transfering to TANE.

Sourtoe

Last edited:
Thank you Shane! I checked . It is set to 7. Should it be zero or 1? I see now where the files are, each dated by when it was created. I assume I can just delete most of these..

Sourtoe

I would set it to 1 or 2 depending on how much space you've got. Setting it to 0 may not work or may not give you a safety net if something goes wrong with the content.

Shane

Back