Article: SimulatorCentral store opens with a CRAZY 75% OFF SALE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few more responses to items raised in this thread:

1. There were 4 files for TS12 from Sept 19 to Sept 25. This install worked fine for the majority of people (and still will if you ordered prior to the 25th). However, since some people were having problems, we decided to revert to the previous 6 file installation process.
So from Sept 25 you will receive links to 6 files. Basically, if your "My Downloadable Products" has 4 files, that is all you need. If it has 6, that is all you need as well. Sounds confusing, but it means we sent the right number of files to everybody.

2. The process for downloading either 4 or 6 files is the same. Click on each of the links and wait :)

3. The process for installing from either 4 or 6 files is the same. Wait until all the files are downloaded, then double click on the first one and the installer should start. When complete, enter your serial number.

4. When we upgraded our shop server hardware on Sept 24, for a short period people ordering multiple items received only 1 serial number. The missing serial numbers have been manually added to their accounts.

5. Today we have updated the My Downloadable Products page layout so you can see your serial number next to your download files.

6. It also appears that the sale was so popular our mail server ISP decided to start blocking random emails. Some confirmation emails would get through and others wouldn't. Others woud end up in spam. As of Sept 25/26 we have made changes that should eliminate the blocked emails.

7. Those people with helpdesk tickets outstanding, please be assured we are getting through them as fast as we can.

So in short, we have improved the process in a number of areas and sorted out most of the people who had problems. Fortunately in percentage terms, most people haven't had any problems, but with such a popular sale, there have been too many customers affected. We may even extend the sale as compensation for those people who have been affected.

The main problem remaining to solve is why some people are getting corrupt downloads while the majority are not. If anyone has any feedback on what they did to fix any download problems, that would be great. (Of course most people who jump up and down don't bother coming back since they are busy playing with their new content - and fair enough too!).

I've tried 3 times to place a order tonight and I keep getting this.

There has been an error processing your payment. 05, Do Not Honour

Anyone else having this problem?

It is possible that your card is not being accepted by our payment gateway or that you have entered the details incorrectly. Please check that you have sufficient funds in your account and that all details are entered correctly.

Kris

Being that the prices do not reflect properly, and do not show the discount on the Aerotrain and PRR T1, I doubt that I will be participating.

I really wish the sale would be extended, so as to get the bugs out of the checkout cart, which does not display the sale prices properly.

===================================================================
EDIT: Somehow with great difficlty I got the my cart to update properly, and the sale prices do show correctly !

Last edited:
Being that there is a +14 hour time zone difference between US Eastern EST, and Brisbane AUS time, I am supposing that the latest someone can order for the sale on the 27th US Eastern EST, will be by Sept 27th 9:59 AM US Eastern EST ? As it is allready Sept 27th in Brisbane !

http://24timezones.com/

Last edited:
It is possible that your card is not being accepted by our payment gateway or that you have entered the details incorrectly. Please check that you have sufficient funds in your account and that all details are entered correctly.

Kris

My wife came in and entered the information for the credit card to make sure that I was doing it correctly. She gets the same message and we know the funds are in the account. We even split the order up so it would be just the shipping of the game and not both download and shipping of the game. It still wouldn't take it. I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
AHHAAA But this is the problem Tony..after some 40 hours of attempting to download and install TS-2009...unlike the old store system of having multiple files to download, the NEW store system jams all the parts into ONE big download, and the NEW store system also seems to have an "inactivity time-out" which automatically logs you OUT after a period of time (undetermined)....so it is nearly impossible for anyone on a "slow DSL" of only 1.5Mb to download the entire package without sitting infront of the computer for 8 hours straight, refreshing the store every 5~7 minutes...AFTER 9 ATTEMPTS I HAVE STILL NOT GOTTEN THE FILES I PAYED FOR and I am getting a bit upset...as I have asked in the 2 Help Tickets I submitted...send me a better Download Link or REFUND MY MONEY!!!

Edit: After 10 failed attempts to get my TS2009, following your directions to NOT use a D/L Manager (rediculous for files this large) and even disabling my AVG Anti-Virus (also rediculous requirement) I STILL have not gotten a fully non-corrupt file, and now I am unable to try again because of your silly "10 try limit", and useless "Help Ticket" reponces by "Kris" about my TS10 and TS12 products that I bought a year ago and have been installed and working for this whole time...PayPal Dispute Opened.

I realize things can be frustrating when they don't happen as expected. As I am sure you are aware, we don't do anything with the intention of annoying our customers. We have had many hundreds of customers who have downloaded and installed without incident, so we need to identify why you are having issues.

For Trainz 12, the new store has 4 files that need to be downloaded individually, not one big one. Three of these are 2GB. For TS2009, there is one file at 2.9GB file. The number of files is not really the issue. The problem is that your download isn't continuing once you click on the file.

There is no time out on the files at our end, although there are security precautions to ensure the link cannot be shared. Is it possible you are using a download manager? This is quite likely to be causing the problems you are experiencing as the download manager may need to re-establish a connection with the link from the store. We have made some changes which could help solve this problem.

Have you tried downloading by clicking on the links directly and allowing your browser to manage the download. This still gives you the ability to pause the download and resume later. If you could try that and report back if it works that would be great.

Regarding the speed of your "slow DSL", again the problem isn't the speed, since 8 hours is still a week quicker than waiting for a box in the mail :D

I assure you that we would much rather get you the files than refund you the money (all $3.48 for TS2009 on special).

Quote from an Email from Kris Deagle:
"The good news is that we have made some changes to the file download process late on Sept 25 which should solve your timeout problems. We have tested the process internally and have not "yet" heard of any further problems from customers.

If you do continue to have problems, or if you have already retried and succeeded, please let us know.
Kind regards,

Kris Deagle

Customer Support Rep
N3V Games

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: PQR-642236
Department: Email Queue
Priority: Low

It appears you are incorrect Tony, as the "no time out on your end" has been addressed, however now the bigger problem is that I can not even access teh other items I purchased:

Really2.jpg

...and my payment is valid, even though I have filed a "dispute" (not a "Claim") since my help tickets go unresolved and I am "Low Priority"...

TS2009PP.jpg

Last edited:
I realize things can be frustrating ...snip...

I assure you that we would much rather get you the files than refund you the money (all $3.48 for TS2009 on special).

Nice way to insult a Customer Tony...I guess purchasing TS12, TS2010, the PRR T-1, the Chinese Schnable and the Classic Carbon City at regular price in the past are irrellevent, since you already have my money ...

You had a sale to "beta test" your new store, the system broke down, regardless of cost, I want what I paid for, or my money back, and you having the attitude that I only paid a few dollars is quite ignorant...seeing how I'm un unpaid beta tester, maybe you ought to do me the courtesy of actually making my situation a higher priority, and getting me my goods.

I am sure that politness will get a quick responce over harsh comments, and I am sure that any problems will be rectified, as N3V is a respectable company, as are the crew at N3V.

I am at the point of seeking legal action on this matter. This is beginning to smell of a SCAM the longer it continues. I wonder if N3V is aware that they can lose their right to accept credit cards if VISA/MasterCard receives too many complaints regarding a merchant failing to provide the goods that they were paid for? I, for one, plan to lodge a complaint, and refer VISA to this board as proof that I am not experiencing a one-off situation, but rather, N3V has engaged in a pattern of such behavior.

I wonder if N3V is aware that taking money and failing to provide the items that they received the money for is considered FRAUD in virtually the entire world?

This is gone far beyond a "new store" issue. This has entered the realm of intentional deceit and theft. Arguing with customers, such as what has transpired between Tony and KingConrail76, is the sign of a desperate organization with something to hide. Your product may be good, but your company can become a has-been overnight with behavior such as this.

Stop making empty promises, deliver what you have been paid for, or IMMEDIATELY refund the purchase price to all affected customers.

I am under the impression that the majority of orders are going through, without complaints ?

I myself am presently seriously thinking about ordering using a major credit card, and downloading using Firefox.

Sept 27 9:59 AM deadline US EST, as that is Brisbane AUS 11.59 PM time

Last edited:
What you may not be aware of is that MANY of us have been very polite. And the responses from N3V has been to call us liars, to say that downloads do not time out, when in fact they DO. They tell us that four downloaded files will work, when they DO NOT. They tell us that they have fixed the problem, when it's obvious that they have NOT. They tell us that it's OUR FAULT for not downloading all SIX files, when they only give us a link for FOUR files. They tell us that it's OUR FAULT for not putting all the files in one directory, when the files ARE all in one directory. THEY put a product on sale, then berate a customer for wanting a refund of the sale price because THEY cannot deliver what he PAID FOR.

Do you see the pattern here? They are basically saying that it's OUR FAULT that we cannot get what we PAID FOR. This is dirt simple for N3V to fix if that is what they TRULY wanted to do. Instead, they offer lame excuses instead of solutions. How about stepping up to the plate, acting like a RESPONSIBLE company, spending a little of that huge cash influx that this sale gave them, and hiring some competent systems administrators that can actually FIX the issue? How about showing some GOOD WILL and IMMEDIATELY refunding and/or issuing credit to the affected CUSTOMERS?

This has entered the realm of the absurd. N3V cannot make this problem go away by just SAYING that they have fixed it. They need to actually FIX IT.

I purchased Trainz 2012 today and have now downloaded it but there is NO Serial number showing anywhere in my download-billing or account so I cannot install it.

Please can someone help I have sent problem tickets in but had no reply..

Mine were in the "My Downloads" link next to the actual download links. They were also in the "My Serial Numbers" link, which actually shows the same data as the "My Downloads" link.

I also got an email about 15 minutes after purchase with the serial numbers.

I am so confused, please clarify:

1) The Simulator Central site is working great ? Y/N (I surmize YES) ? And the sale ends US EST at 9:59 AM Sept 27th ? (Brisbane AUS time would be 11:59 PM) http://24timezones.com/

2) The advantage of TS12, over TS10 is: Dopler Effect, and Multiplayer ?

3) How many NS Heritage Units are there in Trainz and on the prototype ? It would seem if you ordered all the JR NS Herritage packs (1, 2, 3, 4) as well as all the JR NS Mega Packs, that you would be getting duplicate downloads of the same locos ? What is the most efficient way to order all the NS Heritage units ?

4) With all the rest of non-NS JR packs, vs the non-NS JR single livery sets, if you ordered them ALL of them, you would get some duplicate downloads ?

I get so confused in the food store, 15 flavors of salad dressings, in each of the 25 different Brand names, how do you choose ? They are ALL so Yummie !

Last edited:
What you may not be aware of is that MANY of us have been very polite. And the responses from N3V has been to call us liars, to say that downloads do not time out, when in fact they DO. They tell us that four downloaded files will work, when they DO NOT. They tell us that they have fixed the problem, when it's obvious that they have NOT. They tell us that it's OUR FAULT for not downloading all SIX files, when they only give us a link for FOUR files. They tell us that it's OUR FAULT for not putting all the files in one directory, when the files ARE all in one directory. THEY put a product on sale, then berate a customer for wanting a refund of the sale price because THEY cannot deliver what he PAID FOR.

Do you see the pattern here? They are basically saying that it's OUR FAULT that we cannot get what we PAID FOR. This is dirt simple for N3V to fix if that is what they TRULY wanted to do. Instead, they offer lame excuses instead of solutions. How about stepping up to the plate, acting like a RESPONSIBLE company, spending a little of that huge cash influx that this sale gave them, and hiring some competent systems administrators that can actually FIX the issue? How about showing some GOOD WILL and IMMEDIATELY refunding and/or issuing credit to the affected CUSTOMERS?

This has entered the realm of the absurd. N3V cannot make this problem go away by just SAYING that they have fixed it. They need to actually FIX IT.

You could always order the DVD.

Quite a number of customers have actually purchased and downloaded successfully. I think the problem is in knowing the process on how to get it all to work. Have a look at the thread that addresses how to order and how to download and go through it carefully.

I've been dealing with N3V for some years and whilst I don't think I agree with everything they do they are fairly good at customer satisfaction although it can take a few days to get a response from help desk.

Cheerio John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back