Are you a rail photographer??

Bout time someone posted some aussie stuff:D I ran out of my train pictures.

But wait i have some more:eek: : only realised this after typing i don't have anymore and im too lazy to re type it..

A couple more from me, this time from Michigan and Ohio

PM_1225_Alma.jpg

Pere Marquette 1225 at Alma, MI, on 22nd July, 2007.

NS_Switcher_Toledo.jpg

Norfolk Southern GP40-2 3045 doing a little switching under Front Street, Toledo, OH, on 24th July, 2007.

Cheers.

We had permission to walk around and photograph Pere Marquette 1225 - it was a railfan excursion complete with photo run by :p

The NS switcher was photographed from a public road just off Front Street in Toledo and we asked the crew if they would mind :wave:

No tresspassing required, Scott ;)

Cheers.

Nice pics, Lance, that first one a Mikado or similar type? You really should come to Germany some time, there are some unbelievable railfanning opportunities here.

WileeCoyote:D

Last for a while.....

This week has seen the last Scarborough Spa Expresses of the season. Unfortunately marred by a loco failure, this meant that the Leeds circuit part of the train had to be diesel hauled.

20070830sortneedto0086ta4.jpg

And as a tail ender is a shot of the back gardens with a railcar in the background.

20070830sortneedto0085asr0.jpg

John

Someone was asking for more Australian pics......

Ardglen NSW May 2005
300807_1.jpg

Cummins, South Australia September 2003
300807_2.jpg

Berrima Cement Works, NSW, May 2005
300807_3.jpg

Yorkeys Crossing, South Australia, March 2006
300807_4.jpg

Mile End, South Australia, October 2006
300807_5.jpg

Mark,
South Oz

Hi Mr Berry, nice photo at Shipley! Thanks for adding to this thread! The timings for this train were not for a freight loco, but we had a decent run! And got home on time.

Many people do not realise the hard work and days away from home that support crew members do in order to keep these trains running. We are all getting older and thinner on the ground. This particular train would not have had a steam loco without the magnificent effort of two people in particular so here is a mugshot of them!

20070901calise0003ae9.jpg

And I was part of the back up along with A N Other!

20070901calise0037aa8.jpg

More work!

20070901calise0051rg2.jpg

At least this is easier than humping coal!

20070901calise0086gk0.jpg

Craig (new rail photographer!) came along and took a couple of diesel photos for you

20070901calise0030tn1.jpg

Two generations of freight locos

20070901calise0021lc5.jpg

and a plastic leccy

20070901calise0056um7.jpg

John Craig and chums

Craig says that he took all the pictures! He reckons I was too busy yapping about the good old days!

Last edited:
YOUTUBE VIDEOS: Possible breach of copyright

Not sure if this is the right section to post, but I thought I should let users know that if you upload videos to YouTube, make sure you put some sort ofID on them, or similar marking, as I've been informed (& I have found after I searched for a train) that a Youtube as uploaded other peoples videos without permission.

Last edited:
8F

I would also add my thanks, from looking that is quite a crew for the trip.

It is often overlooked that these things take a huge effort.The 8F is I think a great loco for such trips even if not that fast, plenty of pulling on a very long train.Too long for Shipley, takes two goes to let people off.

I hope the trips keep on as the next generation are watching and I hope getting the bug..

those pics are really unique.

Thanks

Its out again here soon I see...

Yes the 8F is due through Shipley next Saturday! Meanwhile Mrs C and our Daughter wanted to go shopping today. They ended up in Doncaster (so I could take some GNER photos before the franchise ends). Craig and I saw plenty 66s bringing engineering trains back from the weekends works, but GNER were a bit short on the ground due to overhead wire problems in the South, and most that we saw were on platform 1 which is very had to photgraph!

doncasterstation2907009qb9.jpg

doncasterstation2907010dz3.jpg

doncasterstation2907006nu3.jpg

doncasterstation2907006em3.jpg

doncasterstation2907002jw6.jpg

doncasterstation2907005zi8.jpg

doncasterstation2907002ji1.jpg

doncasterstation2907001ve3.jpg

doncasterstation2907000sv4.jpg

John and Craig

Lol jivebunny, that looks a wonderful pad. Hope nobody builds anything in between you and the station. Upstairs would have a better vantage position if you can go any higher. Where about's is it please BTW.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman

Last edited:
:) Thanks. It's Chester General, the railway infrastructure in the foreground is still heavily used as a goods loop and as a stabling area, and between that and my living room there's an access road for the apartment block on the left so I don't think there's much chance of anything more being built in the near future. The apartment's on the top floor of the building so I couldn't go any higher, but the photo was taken from the far corner of the room so if you move closer to the window you can see most of the station and the approach lines, plenty to watch!

I'll post a few more pics when I move in!

JB

No fair, the tracks that would have gone through this town were removed over 50 years ago:'(, I'll just have to commandeer your flat if I need some good pics:p

WileeCoyote:D

Back