Ardennes and summer lake track...

DSBANiMAL

What a fantastic route!

So much to do on it.
I have downloaded everything that is required, and she loads up no problem. the issue im having is the track is missing? all I get instead of rail lines is broken white lines.
Ive also downloaded just the summer lake route to see if I got the track with that but exactly the same issue, I get everything apart from a lp road bridge 2l , I have a few assets that are faulty, Xing4 us lights kuid523:23284, Scrap metal kuid 129654:19100:1, Portal 3:12000, cobbles01 kuid 2:46819:21014:2 And CNR Switch stand main 1 Kuid 2:874145:24010:4.
None of these relate to the track used in the route. (as far as I can see!)

I can live with the faulty assets but it makes it very unrealistic to be driving on white broken lines.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Im running trainz sim 12 ultimate edition. on Win7

Many thanks for any help anyone can supply me with.

Ani

What a fantastic route!

So much to do on it.
I have downloaded everything that is required, and she loads up no problem. the issue im having is the track is missing? all I get instead of rail lines is broken white lines.
Ive also downloaded just the summer lake route to see if I got the track with that but exactly the same issue, I get everything apart from a lp road bridge 2l , I have a few assets that are faulty, Xing4 us lights kuid523:23284, Scrap metal kuid 129654:19100:1, Portal 3:12000, cobbles01 kuid 2:46819:21014:2 And CNR Switch stand main 1 Kuid 2:874145:24010:4.
None of these relate to the track used in the route. (as far as I can see!)

I can live with the faulty assets but it makes it very unrealistic to be driving on white broken lines.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Im running trainz sim 12 ultimate edition. on Win7

Many thanks for any help anyone can supply me with.

Ani

First things first Ani,.. you need to register the Trainz version you are using with N3V. See the "Register" button next to the "Helpdesk".

Secondly, you may find the missing assets if you go to .... http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/ and it may provide the link.

The broken lines would appear to be track that is possibly obsolete or faulty, however it needs to be found first. Once you can identify and upload it, I suggest 'replacing' the track with something that is more up to date.

Maybe another Trainzer might know the track that was used on that route.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Hi Roy,

thanks for the reply.
just out of curiosity, with my Trainz12 would I have all the track and stuff from previous versions of Trainz? I did notice I didn't have hyde pulp mill...
Thanks for the link, will check that out a bit later.
I did think of replacing the track.... jeez theres a lot of track! lol :)

Thanks again.

Ani

Hi Roy,

thanks for the reply.
just out of curiosity, with my Trainz12 would I have all the track and stuff from previous versions of Trainz? I did notice I didn't have hyde pulp mill...
Thanks for the link, will check that out a bit later.
I did think of replacing the track.... jeez theres a lot of track! lol :)

Thanks again.

Ani

There's a couple things here which I think I can answer.

First I recommend getting your accounts merged in to each other. Contact the helpdesk and they will take care of this for you. You can get there via the link at the top of the forums. The advantage is your accounts will show your registered Trainz versions and you'll have access to other benefits and areas in the forums, besides, people will stop bugging you about being not registered.

Replacing track can be done in one shot using the Replace Assets tool. You simply drag from the assets categories, such as track in your example, into one box and replace with the one you choose. The process might take a few minutes, depending upon the size of the route, but that will all be done at once and save you from having to replace the track one section at a time manually. The only things you can't replace are bridges, industries including stations, road intersections, and level road crossings.

The Hyde Pulp Mill should be built into TS12 if not it's probably available on the DLS as part of some older assets from TS2010 which were uploaded.

With your previous versions, once you get the accounts straightened out, and another reason to do so, you'll be able to import your older work. It may take some fixing up, but for the most part things will come in fine. With your accounts merged, your KUID will be same so any edits you make won't create new versions and will instead edit the routes directly.

John

Also check that you didn't download the TANE version of the route (it has 'TANE' in the description). If you did, it is likely that the route contains TANE built-in assets that are not available in TS12.

Regards,
John

Also check that you didn't download the TANE version of the route (it has 'TANE' in the description). If you did, it is likely that the route contains TANE built-in assets that are not available in TS12.

Regards,
John

That isn't possible since T:ANE is a much higher build number than TS12.

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses.
as far as I can see in my profile I have registered my trainz?? so a bit confused on that one, it also says trainz member next to my post?

Anyway, a friend bought TS04 way back, used it for a while then put It away. he was clearing out and asked if I wanted a go on it, so I installed his disc but couldn't register it, hence only one account... this one TS12 ;-)

So I tried to "Replace" the missing track last night but as I don't have the name of the missing track I cant put it in the box to replace :-( if anyone knows a different way.... im all ears :)
I did go into another map I have and changed the switch lever to UK point motors and that worked so worked out how to use the concept.
looks like if I want the track I will have to manually replace it or find the original track....
so this brings me to "why doesn't it say there's a missing asset"?

Also I have noticed on some points some of my goods wagons derail.... is this because of the missing track? doesn't do it on all of them though so this is a weird one to me.

Thanks again for your help guys, im trying to figure most of it out myself but help is always appreciated :)

Ani

Do you get a missing dependency for the track or just a replacement?

There is a fiddle way of replacing the dual white lines track, but that will also turn fences, grass splines, and roads into track also.

Read this carefully and see if you want to do it this way. I got this from a blog post ages ago by one of the developers.
The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface.

Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset).

Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add this. When you install the folder, use the install content option.

On your faulty assets.

These are built-ins and should not show errors. In Content Manager try a right mouse-button-click and choose view errors and warnings. That might clear these errors. If that does not work, then try a revert to original.

Still contact the helpdesk regarding your TS12. The servers for some reason are not picking up registered software, this happens sometimes.

John

John, you are a star! that worked a treat! I now have track on the layout :D ill worry about fences and roads later if I have to.

ok will speak to helpdesk ;)

Many Thanks John!

Ani

Back