Anyone Intrested in...

sfrr

Bankruptcy Blue
I'm thinning down on...erm...getting rid of my N scale collection and upping to HO scale, and I don't know if I should E-Bay it or not, this is what I have...

Track
2 – Atlas Truss Bridges
3 – Atlas Re-Railers
4 – Atlas Right-Hand Switches
3 – Atlas Left-Hand Switches
3 – Atlas Bumpers
24 – Atlas 5” Straight Tracks
3 – Atlas 5/8” Straight Tracks
9 – Atlas 9 ¾” Radius Curve Tracks
2 – Atlas 2 ½” Straight Tracks
1 – Atlas 1 ¼” Straight Track
3 – Atlas ½ 11” Curve Tracks
4 – Atlas Unknown Radius Curve Tracks
5 – Atlas Flex Track pieces (in various lengths)
4 – Terminal Rail Jointers
155 – Atlas Track Nails
27 – Insulated Rail Jointers
124 – Brass Rail Jointers
5 – Bachmann 10” Straight Tracks
2 – Bachmann 5” Straight Tracks
7 – Bachmann Unknown Radius Curve Tracks
Rolling Stock
Santa Fe F7 A Dummy Unit (Lit)
Santa Fe GP40 (Blue & Yellow)
Bachmann Spectrum LMS GE DASH 8-40 CW (missing front coupler, coupler box and screw included)
Life-Like Southern E6A & E6B*b unit is dummy* Units (missing front coupler, no coupler box included)
Roundhouse A.T.S.F. 3-Window Open End Caboose
Roundhouse BNFE 57’ Mechanical Reefer
Roundhouse Husky Stack
2 – Roundhouse 50’ FMC Plug-Door Box Car
Roundhouse 50’ Express Reefer (Assembled Kit)
2 – PMI Pennsylvania Passenger Coaches
Model Power ICG (Illinois Central Gulf) Hopper
Other
Sandwich Bag Of Green Turf (thick turf, not ground cover)
Post Office

What would you do to make your cash back or get a good deal? grage sale? E-Bay? personal sale? hobby store?
This all cost well over $300, do you think I will make my money back off E-Bay?

~Sfrr~

Last edited:
yea, but do you think it would improve chances of selling on E-Bay? im saving up for a copy of Halo 3, and I have $41 right now, and I need $70.

thats acctually what I was ranging around. since the spectrum engine was new ($135) I was only expecting to get about half of that back.

Well, seems like a great deal, but I'm not in the market for it. Personally, I would hold on to it. If this wasn't such an exspensive year (Lego layout in need of parts), I would purchase it. Or, you could build a mountain layout, and put the N-scale on top for forced perspective

Last edited:
yea, but I don't have that kind of room :eek:

I'm looking in maybe an 7' x 7' in the future if I'm luckey.

yea, but I don't have that kind of room :eek:

I'm looking in maybe an 7' x 7' in the future if I'm luckey.
If you have limited room, as stated, I would keep the N scale. That way, you could possibly increase the radius of curves, & I don't think HO/OO would suit that size room, but it's up to you really.

If you have limited room, as stated, I would keep the N scale. That way, you could possibly increase the radius of curves, & I don't think HO/OO would suit that size room, but it's up to you really.

Well, i'm turning to HO, I already have about $600 worth of HO equipment, and don't really want to sell that stuff...

I do have one idea for you. I remember a train store that used to be close to where I live. It had one Ho loop, a steep hill bordering the inside, then another Ho ontop of that cliff, and then an N scale on top of the second Ho's cliff. It was very cool.

:D Thats pretty cool :)

oh! I will do a shelf style layout that will let me do some sort of 'Mainline' action, since I have 'Heavy' road engines (SD70MAC, SD40-2, F40PH) and I'm thinking about getting a GP38-2 in BNSF pumpkin orange scheme ;)

:D Thats pretty cool :)

oh! I will do a shelf style layout that will let me do some sort of 'Mainline' action, since I have 'Heavy' road engines (SD70MAC, SD40-2, F40PH) and I'm thinking about getting a GP38-2 in BNSF pumpkin orange scheme ;)

Yeah, that will let you keep your N and HO. You could even use those truss bridges as a sort of overpass too. A shelf layout allows you to run more trains in less space. Also, if your N is on top, it adds forced perspective.

ooo yea =) but what about this, a not too permanent shelf style layout, I was thinking of maybe a river that runs with the track for most of the layout, and maybe two tunnels :D along with a long double girder bridge :) a part where the shelf gets wider and then theres a yard and a turn table ;)

Mike, what kind of intrested? :p

~Mike~

P.S. bedtime =P

Back