Any good multiplayer sessions for a multiplayer first-timer?

haddock56

Well it's that time of gaming again--when you've learned the ropes well enough that you want to throw it in notch-8 and head right into multiplayer. Thanks got to shaneturner12 for originally helping me with patching my copy of TRS 2010, but if there is anyone willing to get into a multiplayer session with a beginner then please let me know. I've played multiplayer games before and it seems to be just the ticket to keeping my interest up in this sim.

So if you're up to showing a beginner the ways of multiplayer, post here in the thread or leave a visitor message or PM and then we'll go from there.

I see you have TS10. In order to play Multiplayer you need ALL the patches. I can,t tell you what the last patch is you need to bring it up to Multiplayer Standard. Once you have done that you will no longer have the option to be able to use Older Content. Now the really bad news. The Last patch you need will not take you up to the same build Number as most TS12 users which means you will only be able to play multiplayer with TS10 players who have upgraded to multiplayer as well. This unfortunately will rule out some of the most popular MP Routes such as UMR SUMMER, session by Lewis. I would sugest if you are serious about multiplayer upgrade to TS12 but bought from Planet Auran AND NOT the Steam version unless or until that too has been fixed to allow 49922 patches. I would be glad to help you with TS12.

You may find that not many users are using TS2010 multiplayer though, as most are using it on TS12.

Also make sure you are running 49938 as well.

Shane

49938 is the equivalent in TS2010 for the Multiplayer Beta.

Perhaps I should create a thread detailing the latest build numbers for the various versions.

Shane

colourlight, Thanks for offering to help with TRS 2012. I've been having problems lately with my copy of TRS 2010; random assetss have been having internal asset errors referencing the hash files and this has led to my decision to completely scrap TRS 2010 and get TRS 2012. I still have the old TRS 2006 so I won't be stuck for running stuff until the new one arrives. Now if only my computer will stop being a butthead and get itself working again I'd be happier since I need to get TRS 2010 off my computer soon.

I, sorry you have been having problems with TS10. I wrote a post somewhere on how to play multiplayer in TS12. Just remember not to buy the Steam version as I don,t know if you can get all the patches now. When you install it. The first time you activate the Launch Pad, select options then Planet Auran then enter your username and password. then close the launchpad and restart. You should then be able to get two patches which will take you up to build 49922. I expect you already have Direct X downloaded from these Forums. It will probably be registered without you having to do anything else. From the Launchpad select Start which brings you to The Trainz Main Menu eventually. You really need a FST (First Class Ticket) by the way if you don,t already have one. On the Main Menu is an option for "Content Updates" There will be several hundred of these. Best to do it when you don,t want to play for a couple of hours or so. There are a lot of threads/Posts on which are the Best multiplayer Sessions to Download and also how to correct any issues when trying to join a session. My Route/session is a cosmopolitan one called Port Ogden TS12 ETC! and it is version e. There is another Port Ogden version by Danny5 called USA Multiplayer something or other but there is a thread on it. Thompson & Western is another good one which has very little in the way of scenery which makes it ideal for Lower end computers. Montana Rail Link 2.8 by Jib228 is another one I like. And I musn,t forget UMR SUMMER by Lewis which is quite popular but you really need a decent computer as it can be laggy if not. Two important points. When you have downloaded the Route and Session stay in CM and select "view dependencies" If any are missing select the tab at the bottom "View in Main List2 and scroll up and down looking for them. Drag them to Download box and, well, download them. Check that none have eluded you and then hopefully you can join the session. If you can,t try an extended database repair then do a computer restart. Any other issues joining we,ll help you with. UMR SUMMER session is password protected and in order to get it you need TEamspeak 3. Again we can help you with that. One final important point. For the best results in mutiplayer do Not buy any Payware from any source including Planet Auran nor download any freeware from any source except the DLS as this can screw up MP. I should know as installing Settle & Carlisle really messed up my session resulting in me having too release two new versions in order to fix it. This means you will have a "clean" copy of TS12, ideal for Multiplayer.

Here's what really happened. The directories were causing the assets to be internally faulty. Deleted the directory, reinstalled to a different folder, and now it's back with no problems.

Back