And what about TRS 2006 ?

casey38

Belgium Routes
Hi guys,

Since TRS 2006 is on my PC, i certainly don't need to tell you how i appreciate the software.
I've been having a slight deception with TC as i founf it's fairly complicated and unsafe to import 2006 content into TC. But, that's another chapter, and really not the point of this thread.

I am currently building a Belgian freight corridor, a very scenic route needing particular assets. Some skilled Belgian creators help me, as they build typical objects of that route.

So, 'till 2002, the Athus-Meuse was designed ONLY for diesel power. In order to improve the traffic, the route is now fit with 25Kv electric power.

My problem is that TRS 2006 is NOT able to deal with traction sound. In most of the case, we are always hearing the sound we have in electric unit since Trainz 1.0 :eek:

My question is : Can we "hope" having some improvement on that point INSIDE TRS 2006 ?

While TRS is a very nice piece of software, the 2006 opus still has some unconvenient things. So, can we still hope some fixes ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards from Belgium,

André.

There probably won't be any more fixes to the TRS2006 program....any improvements will come via the TC series...
icon6.gif

That would be a very wrong move !

That would mean that every TC ***could*** be a little better than the previous one. Trainz wouldn't be a "platform" anymore as TC is already a stand alone.

If that kind of commercial behaviour is coming out from Auran, it is strictly my point of view, but if so, i'm personnaly really glad to know that KRS (Kuju Rail SImulator) is in the stores.

André.

That would be a very wrong move !

That would mean that every TC ***could*** be a little better than the previous one. Trainz wouldn't be a "platform" anymore as TC is already a stand alone.

If that kind of commercial behaviour is coming out from Auran, it is strictly my point of view, but if so, i'm personnaly really glad to know that KRS (Kuju Rail SImulator) is in the stores.

André.

How do you know that every TC release may simply be a small addition to the last? Why couldn't Auran simply release a gold or deluxe version with all the code updates, plus all built-in content? This would address the whole platform base and basicallly start afresh. The electric sound in 2006 wasn't a bug, it simply wasn't improved. Why go back to "fix" that?

Far better would be continue to advance the development of the code base to a new base platform. Yes it might take a couple of "stand alone" releases, but I think if we continue to support these, we will have a much better chance of reaching a new, better platform, rather than simply throwing up your hands and running off to another program, with lots of its own bugs and idiosyncracies.

If you want to go down that road, fair enough, but don't you think you will be starting off on the same journey that you've already been through here?

Good points though Andre, and I think that getting to an improved platform based on the 2006 code, with all the built in content, would be a very good outcome. Either that, or cutting our losses and starting over again with a totally new platform, but you can do that via KRS.

Cheers
Tony

Why couldn't Auran simply release a gold or deluxe version with all the code updates, plus all built-in content? This would address the whole platform base and basicallly start afresh.

... and I think that getting to an improved platform based on the 2006 code, with all the built in content, would be a very good outcome.
Cheers
Tony

If things should turn out like this, that would be really great ! And, it's now my first hope.

The electric traction sound has to be improved, i mean, it's something Auran can't cope with, as we're all speacking of a railroad simulator.

Now, if a " a gold or deluxe version with all the code updates, plus all built-in content " is on the way OR is planned to be so, please, Auran, let us know.

Thanks for the comments, Tony.

Best regards,

André.

The electric traction sound has to be improved, i mean, it's something Auran can't cope with, as we're all speacking of a railroad simulator.

Now, if a " a gold or deluxe version with all the code updates, plus all built-in content " is on the way OR is planned to be so, please, Auran, let us know.
They have improved it, it's in TC1/2 and will be in TC3 as well.

Why do you think that Auran would commit commercial suicide by saying in effect 'wait a couple of years and you'll get all the TC packs at a bargain price?'

Paul

Back