An overlooked message from Alan....

aardvark1

Senior Citizen Member
"YES.
let me repeat.
Yes.
We will continue to work on Trainz Classics for the time being with #4 still being finalized. It will have between 4 and 6 modules, not sure how many as yet. In 08, we hope to release a combined updated version called TRS2009 in the similar vain as TRS2004 and TRS2006.
In the mean time, we will see more routes layouts and more of the different language versions of our current releases.

Yes, there will be another Trainz.
Alan"

The thread is in the Suggestion Forum..called....Will there be another Trainz?

Now then...

Let the cries of "I want this and that" begin.
Let the questions of will it be Vista compatable begin.
Let the miriad of questions to Lance and Alan begin.
Let the questions of what TC 4 will be begin.
Let the questions of what the release date will be begin.
Let the statements of MS sim will be better begin.
Let the statements of KRS will be better begin.
Let the angst of Trainz detractors begin.
Let the joy from the loyal Trainz users begin.
Let the dreams of the Future of Trainz begin.

Let the sales of TC continue to grow so that we can have this to begin.

Let the.....add any more you want.

Have fun,
Ron

Last edited:
:p:hehe: "Let it be, let it be, Mother Mary comes to me... whispering words of wisdom, let it be, let it be..."

Ron, you are some kind of fifth beatle... :p

Take care,

Alberte :wave:

Nice Alberte - that's given me my laugh for today :D

I would like to know if there are going to be 3-5 TC editions next year prior to the release of TRS09, or if TC and TRS are going to run in parallel?

I plan to support the cause by buying TC3, but how will the remaining TCs suit me? Will TRS09 have the legacy content? I have more, but no time now. :(

It doesn't matter too much - all my other questions have been posed - except the obvious one which is "what is actually planned?", but as you suggest we only need one thread.

So in fact by posting this I'm breaking rules I agree to?!! I'll stop typing before I get confused ... :confused:

Nice Alberte - that's given me my laugh for today :D

I would like to know if there are going to be 3-5 TC editions next year prior to the release of TRS09, or if TC and TRS are going to run in parallel?

I plan to support the cause by buying TC3, but how will the remaining TCs suit me? Will TRS09 have the legacy content? I have more, but no time now. :(

TC editions will be released before TRS09. We won't be competing with ourselves for your money. :)

TRS09 is still a long way away and is really just some rumours - discussions at this stage. I hope TRS09 has all the legacy content, and i understand this to be the intention, but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully an improved sessions and scenario section too.

. . . .
TRS09 is still a long way away and is really just some rumours - discussions at this stage. I hope TRS09 has all the legacy content, and i understand this to be the intention, but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully an improved sessions and scenario section too.
Actually late '08 is NOT a long way away. So if TRS09 is only in rumor stage, it will be late.

To help with the rumor -- just how much of RSP will be in TRS09?

Last edited:
I'd read what people are saying on the RS Forums if I were you and then make your mind up.

Paul

Well I look at it from the point of view that if I never get it I won't understand why people are praising/trampling on the software, and if I do chose to buy it then I have a third train simulator however well it works. It has pros and cons. Sometimes I like delving into creating and running a large network of many trains, but sometimes I just like to hop in and drive off, and different simulators are good at different things.

I think RS, MSTS and TRS should be able to share a shelf, and I expect KUJU to release a patch for many of the issues addressed in due course anyway. Plus I really like the SDJR loco :)

Basically, RS looks better than MSTS when compared release-for-release version, and given that I really enjoyed MSTS I think RS should be good, regardless of a few errors.

BidMod.

Back