Amtrak superliners, I can' t download them

I'm with rwk on this one. I don't understand why any DLC would only be available for purchase if you have the gold subscription. I get including it or providing a discount; but because I only have the silver subscription, I can't even pay full price for these or the Budd RDC-1. We have to pay $120 every year (I assume) to be able to pay $24 to buy these cars with no clarity on whether we get to keep them or they go away if we change tiers or stop paying and go with the non-subscription version of the game.

Based on the product comparison page, the only difference between silver and gold is that the DLC is included so I guess they would be "free?" Why is there a price for both of them and why are they both on sale today if there is no way to buy them?

This has been explained several times by Zec. Once a DLC product has finished the testing process(using the TCCP system) and accepted by N3V, it goes to "Preview Pass" status. This makes it available to Gold membership subscribers to download. As Zec explained, for a DLC product to be listed in the storefront software N3V uses, it must have a price even though it is not yet available to purchase. Some DLC products spend a long time in the Preview Pass stage before N3V decides that they are ready for sale. This is normally to give the creator more time to improve the product based upon feedback from Gold subscribers. It is made available for purchase when N3V is happy that it is ready.

As of today, those DLCs are (oldest to newest):

BR HST - Inter-City 125 & Midland Pullman
British Model Railway
Amtrak Superliners
LNER Peppercorn Class A1 60163 Tornado
Datsun Junction Model Railroad
Budd RDC-1
Model Trainz: New Haven Industrial Park
The Wattz & Voltz Interurban

Back