All objects have vanished ?

hotgrove

All the objects on part of a tram route i was working on have vanished.

I still have the roads,rails,wall splines etc but nothing else.

Four or five weeks of work have gone into this section......i cant just reinsert the objects.....too many to remember.....i feel demoralised :'(

Can anybody tell me....have i lost them for good or is there a way to get them back.

9is9xe.jpg

This is what is left.

Last edited:
In surveyor you select edit session of the route. When it is open click on the layer tab (second one up on the right). You will see a route and session layer, click on the session click the left icon of the session layer and see what happens. You can also try the merge (bottom right) click on it and a window appears with your route layer listed select and merge the two layers together. The above refers to the 2010 update patch of 2009 (the last update for 2009). If you did not have that update delete you assets.tdx file and let trainz rebuild the data.

Last edited:
sorry lads he's using TS09 it dos'nt have layering in that build.

Have you tried loading your autosave route file and see if that recovers you missing items.

Tks for trying to help but nothing has worked.....5 weeks work has been written off......has never happened until now.

On another thread i was told to save the session rather than the route.....i've started saving the session for the first time ever then this happened....i know it's coincidental but it's hard to take.....so much time and effort gone in the blink of an eye.:(

Maybe time to bin trz 2009 and get trz 2012.

applies to 2010, maybe to 09.

Lay the track and buildings etc in the route, put stock down in the session.

You must do everything in "Edit Route" except setting up load/unlload amounts for your industries, locomotives and rolling stock and session rules including start up, anything to do with drivers and the schedule library Anything else could spell disaster.

You must do everything in "Edit Route" except setting up load/unlload amounts for your industries, locomotives and rolling stock and session rules including start up, anything to do with drivers and the schedule library Anything else could spell disaster.

I understand that......the whole area was done in edit route.......i only started to edit session through advice on another thread.

At least i have got closure on this.....tks.

Did you update and patch to SP4? as this works in the same way as 2010. Prior to the SP4 if you edit session when you exit it will ask to save to both route and session files. What does CMP show for your route? right click and select view dependancies and then view in new list. You can then see all the assets the route has, also check the session for that route in the same way.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your problem,i know it to late now but do as i do it only take a few minutes. Is to make a CDP of your route and session.
I have a foleder on my desktop that i kept them in. every 3 times i add a CDP i remove the first one so i have the last two as back up.
I've been thru what you must fell now. Again i sorry of what you going thru.

Danny's is a good idea, I do something similar, but I save mine on the windows live skydrive as well, just in case my computer go's down plus I can get access to it where ever I go.

It might not be too late to save it, try saving the route to a CDP - does TS2009 have content manager?

Anyway, save to CDP, then see if you have corrupted assets somewhere - if all else fails uninstall and reinstall the game, import the CDP backup of the route, and see if the stuff is back or not. That type of problem is often in the assets rather than the route itself.

Back