Adding Cab Signals to a Signalled Route

Eboy87

Hi all. I was reading the thread about getting the next station screen to work on the P42 locomotives, and how to get the cab signals to work. I do have a few questions. I tried to implement cab signaling on a triple track mainline on a route I'm working on. The line sees heavy freight and passenger, mostly commuter operations, with high(ish) speeds. The "company" has decided to add cab signaling in addition to the wayside signals, hoping to increase safety. I'm doing my best to base this off the Metra/BNSF line in Chicago, where (to the best of my knowledge) Metra uses cab signals, but the freights do not. All I have to go on is the GCOR, as the only timetables I have are the BNSF Springfield Division from '05, and a 1964 Missouri Pacific Southern District, neither of which address cab signal usage.

So this brings up my questions:

1) The line already has Jointedrail's Darth Vader signals, will simply adding the cab signal object before them accomplish what I'm looking for? The asset I've tried is Signal MN 01 CabSignal. I've placed it in front of the wayside signals, out of the overlap, but my cab display does nothing. I made a separate route to test them, with a loop of track, several MN CabSignals, and the same P42, to no luck either.

Here's an example of my set-up.

Eboy87_20130115_0000_zps765004c7.jpg

In the above, the gantry has the wayside signals, with the MN CabSignal before them.

2) Number two, and perhaps more important than number 1, do the P42s even support the cab signals? Anyone know about the NJT Comet I cab cars? Do they support cab signals? The display is in the cab view. I couldn't get them to work on a route with just the MN CabSignal asset and no wayside signals.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I may have more questions as I peruse the pertinent GCOR section on this topic.

Ian,

The cab signals are broken in TS12, or at least they are for me in TS12. They are controlled by a script that came from Trainz Classics 1&2 originally along with the other MN assets you are using, including any reskins such as the NJT Comet Cars or the Shoreliner commuter cars.

Out of curiousity, have you tried running this without those additional cab signals? In TS2009 and TS2010 the cab signals worked fine with JR Searchlights, and I'm sure they would work fine with these as well. I used to run the Horizon Cabs in these versions, and there were no problems with them without the MN Cab Signals.

John

Ah, I get what you're saying (last paragraph). I can't get cab indications with or without the MN objects. My first thought was that I was missing a rule, or script asset, but after what you said about it being missing in '12, well, as Ed McMahon would say, "Yes, you are correct sir!"

Thank you for taking the time to answer, JC. Hopefully this is something that Auran can address in the next service pack (please?).

Back