Scripted signals remaining dark

hutten

Hello,

Does anyone have scripted signals that remain dark?
I have a route+session with build 5.0 that works in TRS22. But I need to make changes unrelated to the problem presented here.
I go to Edit Session, do not change anything, and Save As (new route + session). Once I go to the session saved from within TRS22 (122411, build 5.3) the problems begin.
Once in the build 5.3 version, I find that many signals are not lit, and the semaphore arms do not move. This holds for both editing and running the session.
(In the route that I saved as build 5.3, the signals are properly lit. But, I need to work from the session, which contains schedules for about 20 trains.)
I also just found that it is possible to "Unpause", even in editing mode. But that does not solve the problem.
In editing mode, there is a new pop-up screen for the Properties button of the Trackside menu at right (the "?" button in the menu).
For properly working signals, the pop-up screen shows the signal state, the colour, and the link to the relevant junction(s). The latter is found by clicking the "triangle" behind "Signal Reason" on the pop-up.
The dark signals, however, only give a signal state. The colour is "0" and there is no "reason" and no link to a junction. (In one case I found an entirely incorrect link to a track marker in another part of the route...).

I found that removing the dark signal and replacing it with the very same asset, does bring the signal to life.
But for the whole route, that would be a lot of work...

Somehow, during startup, the signal does not find the path to the junction that it guards. So far, I have not found dark ones among the caution signals that are followed by a stop signal further down the line.
The signals are of my own making and use an extended version of the script by bloodnok.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

Hello,

This problem of my mechanical signals staying dark has remained in the latest (beta) versions.
I have finally decided to replace all the dark signals by... the very same signals. About 1 in 4 remained dark and inactive, all in all hundreds of them on the whole route.
But, once "replaced", they remain in working order throughout many saves. So now everything seems to works like before.
I really do not understand what caused this problem.
And since I have not received reactions to this post, apparently this phenomenon has not occurred with other types of signals...

Regards,
Paul

Back