A plea to content creators.

dangavel

I don't want to offend anyone, but if you are a content creator that wont allow anyone to modify your assets and your assets will not allow height adjustment or the ability to tilt so the asset can be placed on ground that is on angle, can you PLEASE include the ability for it to do so before you upload it to the DLS .
Yes users can modify the asset themselves for personal use, but they cannot include that asset with the tilt or height ability if they upload their routes to the DLS if the license doesn't allow any modifications.
I've lost count of the times I've not been able to include an asset in my freeware routes because it hasn't had the height adjustment or tilt ability , I think some old assets don't have this ability as it wasn't a Trainz feature ( correct me if I am wrong ) but if you are still creating new assets without either of these features perhaps you need to check to see whether you have included this ability or not.

The new S2.0 does not require any extra in the config as any object can be twisted, tilted, or raised.
As to you tilting an asset, this will remain tilted in any download unless you try and move or replace it in the route.

The new S2.0 does not require any extra in the config as any object can be twisted, tilted, or raised.
As to you tilting an asset, this will remain tilted in any download unless you try and move or replace it in the route.

Doesn't help me or others unless they use the subscription model , I have purchased a copy of 2022 to support NV3, but I'm not using it as I want my routes to be available for anyone who still uses 2019. Until S2 makes it to the non subscription version its of no use to me.

I have purchased a copy of 2022 to support NV3, but I'm not using it as I want my routes to be available for anyone who still uses 2019.

Just to clarify one possible point of confusion in your post (and the confusion may be with me and not you). TRS22 only has S20 if you also have the subscription. Without the subscription it uses Surveyor Classic, just like TRS19.

Just to clarify one possible point of confusion in your post (and the confusion may be with me and not you). TRS22 only has S20 if you also have the subscription. Without the subscription it uses Surveyor Classic, just like TRS19.
That's what I said, no sub, no surveyor 2 .
I am not a fan of the subscription model, S2 may well be added to the base 2022 version in the fullness of time, but its been over a year now and no sign of it , and I don't want the two routes I am working on at the moment to be restricted to build 5. Eventually we will all have to work in 5, but I'd rather not move to it until have to do so, or until I see significant changes that make it worth my while to do so. S2 may well be the bees knees but I'm used to S1s foibles and as I get older I'm getting more resistant to learning new things unless I'm required to do so.

I don't want to offend anyone, but if you are a content creator that wont allow anyone to modify your assets and your assets will not allow height adjustment or the ability to tilt so the asset can be placed on ground that is on angle, can you PLEASE include the ability for it to do so before you upload it to the DLS .
Yes users can modify the asset themselves for personal use, but they cannot include that asset with the tilt or height ability if they upload their routes to the DLS if the license doesn't allow any modifications.
I've lost count of the times I've not been able to include an asset in my freeware routes because it hasn't had the height adjustment or tilt ability , I think some old assets don't have this ability as it wasn't a Trainz feature ( correct me if I am wrong ) but if you are still creating new assets without either of these features perhaps you need to check to see whether you have included this ability or not.

Remind me what you're asking for with an example config.txt file. The problem with allowing reskins etc is N3V bring in a stricter rule and all the reskins etc need correcting and as the original content creator you cannot correct those reskins. It gets even worse when your reskinned items are reskinned in turn.

Cheerio John

Remind me what you're asking for with an example config.txt file. The problem with allowing reskins etc is N3V bring in a stricter rule and all the reskins etc need correcting and as the original content creator you cannot correct those reskins. It gets even worse when your reskinned items are reskinned in turn.

Cheerio John
Its crazy that just adding the ability for an object to tilt or be height adjustable is termed a "reskin " how anyone could object to that addition is beyond me, it doesn't change the appearance or integrity of the item one little bit.

Making this change is dead easy... so easy even a coding idiot like myself can manage it , which is why its so annoying when people omit it from the config file, its particularly annoying when the asset is attached to track if one is trying to use it on any sort of slope and also for vehicles .
height-range -150,150
rotate-yz-range -180,180
rollstep 1

Its crazy that just adding the ability for an object to tilt or be height adjustable is termed a "reskin " how anyone could object to that addition is beyond me, it doesn't change the appearance or integrity of the item one little bit.

Making this change is dead easy... so easy even a coding idiot like myself can manage it , which is why its so annoying when people omit it from the config file, its particularly annoying when the asset is attached to track if one is trying to use it on any sort of slope and also for vehicles .
height-range -150,150
rotate-yz-range -180,180
rollstep 1

Do you have a sample kuid? I take it you'd like this added to all scenery objects?

I used reskin merely as an example. If you upload something with any change to the config.txt file and N3V come along and say the mesh is now in error then the original content creator is unable to correct it on the modified asset which why quite a few content creators are reluctant to allow any changes.

It's also a problem in that I can add it to my own creations but I'm unable to add it to any modified creations such as a reskin.

Now repeat after me Trainz is fun and not frustrating.

Cheerio John

Do you have a sample kuid? I take it you'd like this added to all scenery objects?

I used reskin merely as an example. If you upload something with any change to the config.txt file and N3V come along and say the mesh is now in error then the original content creator is unable to correct it on the modified asset which why quite a few content creators are reluctant to allow any changes.

It's also a problem in that I can add it to my own creations but I'm unable to add it to any modified creations such as a reskin.

Now repeat after me Trainz is fun and not frustrating.

Cheerio John

One of the reasons why I've uploaded so many items under my kuid number is due to the inability to tilt or change height, but of course I've only done it to items that allow changes and DLS uploads. I've changed many of Ben Dorseys assets and uploaded them as mine as he give permission for anyone to make different versions of the assets and of course Ben isn't around to be able to change anything , likewise all the rocks I've made that were clam1952s now have the ability to tilt.
heres one

<kuid:44878:101747> DG timber ridge_Watertank height adjustable 3ft track

Back