A Banner Year For Carz

betsy662

This has been a banner year for cars, thanks to great content creators such as Dinorius_Redundicus, and Kree8tivit, this year has been great in that area, especially for those of us who like doing the transition era.

Now if I could find out why Whecsailor's 57 Chevy's fail to show up more than just bumpers and wheels in game, we'd be all set.

trainz2009-09-1107-06-58-561.jpg

trainz2009-09-1107-07-43-141.jpg

trainz2009-09-1107-12-11-95.jpg

trainz2009-09-1107-13-03-061.jpg

trainz2009-09-1107-13-13-251.jpg

I don't see the 58 Chevy Impala in these shots.

I downloaded the 55 Buick "Savoy". Buick had no Savoy (in the USA). Plymouth did. The Buick might be a Century.

The tires/wheels come out all black in TS2009 but look OK in the selection window.
What is really wierd is the whitewalls look fine in TRS2006 but look all black in the selection window.:eek:

The 58 Chevy is there, its unique to TRS2006, and probably is also included in TS2009, in Serveyor, the Olds' and Buicks do show up fine in game, but as you say, the wheels are all black in the objects tab window.

Just out of the garage, here's a re-skin of my derelict '51 Plymouth. It's lost a couple of doors in the process but gained a sun visor and become a coupe.

~ Deane

screen007jb.jpg

Ohhh That Car...WOW

Can a (static) scenery item (car) be made drivable, using "Drivable Superadaptor" or by some other means ?

I can dream and invision this car driving down the steet in the very near future, possibly TRS2012 version:hehe:

Last edited:
Yes it can! Ive done 3 or four, but a long time ago. First, you clone the adaptor, then you go into the config file ad change the kuid of the mesh (Forget tagline, sorry) to the kuid of the car you are switching it to. Save, commit and see your car in the railyard. *note it may be sideways sometimes, just read the description of the superadaptor* **Wheels will not rotate**

Now if I could find out why Whecsailor's 57 Chevy's fail to show up more than just bumpers and wheels in game, we'd be all set.
I'd sort of like to know the answer to that too as I couldn't figure it out as well.

The Buick is a 1955 Buick Special. That was our family car (green and white 2 tone) until the 64 Mustang came out.

Of course I'm way too young to know this.

Last edited:
Yeah, the 57 Chevy does the same thing for me, though it seems to have stopped in 09. Now, if only I can figure out why the wheels show up black on Kree8tiviT's cars in 09.

carz

Betsy & George:

You might have noticed, in my LV Forks of Delaware thread, that I have working models of a 57 chevy.......couldn't get Whecsailor's to work either, so made one.
At the moment, I have a '53 chevy in the works
, and I would also like to have a '56 Belair & '58 Impala........so down the road (pun intended), you might see an "All Chevy" upload.

Jadebullet:

I am working in TRZ2006....not 2009. The wheels are an "attachment", so the problem with the wheels showing black might be caused by 2009 version handling attachment points differently from 2006. Just suggesting this, because I know when I uploaded my 50tonner loco, some users who had older versions had problems with the bogeys not displaying correct (also attachments), and found the reason was older versions also handled attachments differently from 2006.

Kree8tivit, thanks, I will look forward to the Chevy's, can't ever have enough Chevy's and Ford's, thanks also to you and Deane for making these fantastic cars and trucks, they look great and add detail that was lacking before...:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hmmm. So maybe it is just a problem with the separate wheel item. That would explain the error on all of the cars. Time for me to start working on a fix for 09 hopefully, lol.

Update: Okay, I am stumped. The texture file for the wheels is okay. In fact, there are no errors, and everything else in the attachment item, such as the license plate and the logo, show up fine. There is NO reason why the wheels would show up black, and yet they do. It is very frustrating. How can I even try to fix something that doesn't appear to be broken in the first place?

Last edited:
Back