1x 5850 or 2x 4850.

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
I'm building a new machine and the guys at my tech forum are discussing if it's better if I Crossfire my current 4850 with another (which is cheap) or if I replaced the whole dang setup with a new 5850 (which is new).
In the middle of the discussion, it was mentioned some games do not support multi GPU setups.

Will Trainz 2010 support Crossfire?

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

I'm building a new machine and the guys at my tech forum are discussing if it's better if I Crossfire my current 4850 with another (which is cheap) or if I replaced the whole dang setup with a new 5850 (which is new).
In the middle of the discussion, it was mentioned some games do not support multi GPU setups.

Will Trainz 2010 support Crossfire?

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

TS2010 is primarily CPU dependent and just like with any other CPU bound game does not take advantage of multi-GPU's.

You are better off with the 5850.

Yes, good advice.
The 5850 isn't really "faster" than the 4850 anyways, even though it has more 'features' if you will. The nice thing about the 5xxx is their low power consumptions, at idle, more than half of what the 4xxx's did.
But, with that said, Id definitely do a cpu upgrade too. Why? Because I bought a 4870, and it didn't do much for me. My Athlon to PhenomII upgrade did lots. So cpu it is :D

Back