Trainz, Kickstarter, and Poll #1

Will you be pledging your support for Trainz: A New Era?

• Definitely - I can't wait to make my pledge!

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • Probably - I will check the details of the project first.

Votes: 101 40.7%
  • Possibly - It depends on the rewards.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Maybe - I will wait and see.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • Unlikely - I will not support this project

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm all in, say what you will about our relationship with N3v all you like. That means nothing, seeing I would be all in from a user standpoint anyways. Trainz has been around a long, long time. This is the first time I have seen since 2004 that we will be getting something totally new. At this point ya'll can come up with as many conspiracy theories as you like, what it boils down to though is how many folks are going to step up to the plate and make a pledge. There is no risk here, if the demands are not met no money exchanges hands. Some of you are acting like this is a lifetime investment, it's not. It's a chance for ALL of us to make TRS what we want, so we can either band together and make sure we get what we want or we can just whine and complain with nothing. Just the base features alone should be enough to get folks moving, what they are asking for is really nothing in terms of development costs. As an owner of a company affiliated with N3V of course we are excited and want to see some new changes, this allows us to take content to a whole new level. Yes it's a full time job for us, however at the end of the day the goals never change, we want to continue to push the limits of what can be done in TRS.

It's time to put the rest of the sims in their final resting places, ball is in our court...

Flame jacket is on, fire away!

Mike

Couldn't have said it better myself. Whole heartily agree with Mike. Time everybody stepped up to the plate to get the sim we have all wanted. I'm already in with a sizeable pledge (pioneer pledge). But it doesn't matter what pledge level you decide to come in at, just do it.

Peter

With 599 backers, at this moment and only 284 voters, it would appear they are reaching a wider audience than just the usual suspects on the forum. :D

With 599 backers, at this moment and only 284 voters, it would appear they are reaching a wider audience than just the usual suspects on the forum. :D
I certainly hope so because this is where the hard work really starts. Progress has been good, but many more backers are needed to keep momentum going.

I just have to put my 2 cents worth in, if for nothing else but to vent a little. No one is twisting your arm to make a pledge; and if you do decide to, no one is telling you how much to spend. $10.00 spread around 10,000 people would put us over the top right now. It's not a question of how much to pledge, but to just make a pledge to help advance a game that has great potential. I am retired with a fixed income and I have made a Pioneer pledge. Why? Because I see an opportunity to take some of the best aspects of a game made to be a driver game (Railworks) and apply it to Trainz and make it possibly the best Railroad Operating Simulator yet. I made this pledge hoping that I could finally see Trainz brought to its full potential. Just imagine a game with the graphics and game engine of Railworks incorporated into a game that provides railroading operations realism, better AI operations, more prototypical signalling, and a World Editor that is Far and Away easier to navigate. Just try and build a route in Railworks, complete with prototypical signalling, and then do the same with Trainz. Sure, there is some things that Railworks has over us, such as the inclusion of Google Earth in their route editor; but what is to say we cannot do that as one of our stretch goals later down the line? Don't get me wrong, Railworks is an OK game if you just want to jump in the cab and take a cruise down the line. Great eye candy. But try to make AI do anything but run down one mainline while you go down the other (such as arranging meets, passing, etc) and you just might as well forget it. Trainz, on the other hand, has the potential to do many of those things; and with a new game engine who knows what might be possible? So this was my reason to step up to the plate, for I see this as probably the only chance I have of seeing Trainz brought up to its full potential. And I thank you all for listening to the grumblings of a retired old railroader. :)

Back