The QUEBEC CENTRAL RAILWAY, prototypical route of 1957

Hi Ken, I like your last shot in the prairie on the Cdn thread. In very far distance, everything 350 miles of track, In far distance the Chaudière sub (70 miles) which I have been working on since the beginning in Oct 2010. The closer look shows my starting point which is Valley Junction (Vallée Jonction...in French).
a83c1c46ee464f94c0eb4cb88f1f04c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
23eeaf33792edcbfbf0ae47ed255351a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ahhh WOW Fantastic work , truly just stunning work Pete !!!

How long have you been at work on this route ? Cause the devotion to it shows .

re post #302 Rail4Pete.

Wonderful, thanks for the map Pierre. Now we can follow your excellent screenshots and place them to the locations.

I presume in the real world all this no longer exists?

Cheers Ken

Absolutely amazing job on this route Pete, the size of this route and the amount of work done really shows how much passion you put into this route. Well done and I look forward to see more of it. :)

re post #302 Rail4Pete.

Wonderful, thanks for the map Pierre. Now we can follow your excellent screenshots and place them to the locations.

I presume in the real world all this no longer exists?

Cheers Ken

First, thank everyone for your comments !

To answer your question Ken. There is still a small portion of the QCR which is not in the subdivision I am working on. It is on an kinda isolate portion, where an independent operator, '' CF SARTIGAN'', is connected with the CN yard to provide mostly grain to a grain mill and to get lumber from a couple of lumber mill. The portion I am making unfortunately is actually or will be dismantle and replaced by biking trails section by section depending which town can get the budget to go for this.

Hello Pierre. It's very interesting to see those overhead shots of your route, especially the last one in which you have labelled things. It's always good to see what you've been doing.

Cheers, Jack

To be honest, I never heard of the Quebec Central until I saw this ongoing route. I then researched it, and was blown away. This is nice to see, and one reason among many other reasons on why I love train simulators. They let you recreate the past, and enact with a bygone era in what might have just been covered in a book. Thanks to Trainz, and many other sims, railroad history is preserved in virtual form, so we can go back and work as a typical locomotive engineer in those days and work the trains they might have worked. It's just an amazing thought if you ask me.

Thank you Ken and Jessica. I must say a HUGE BIG THANK YOU to Bendorsey who accept to ''produce/make'' these ''prototype'' asset that make the route look like it was in the steam era.

In reference for 2 of the shots in post # 310, here are 2 photos.....I will edit post #310 and put them in.
Cheers,
Rail4Pete

Last edited:
Here are some WIP shots
1st : Train is coming from Lac Frontière (end of the line) to Ste-Germaine Station (which we see in far distance ahead). We picked up 2 empty coal hopper at the station before (Sainte-Justine) where there is located the second coal chute of this subdivision (the other one is at Vallée Jonction).
3f1b9ebbf85fbd55d65d34f7a2fe218e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2Nd shot is located at Saint-Joseph, where, in this curve there was a special barn model which had a sloped roof hidden by a cornice and which is no longer there since the 80's.
8d1e168fc24b3a8c7b0ba384f437791d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
01f22d63ec047e6a03c43dd7a63921ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ken, your shot of the CN rescue are two thumbs up in the K&L thread.

Here, along the ''famine'' river at PM 46.
1de4647d41447e7a787af2c0d7e72319.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

re post #317 Rail4Pete

Thank you for the compliment Pierre.
Your screen shots are always eagerly awaited.
Many Thanks

Ken.

Back