Seeking Canadian Pacific early rolling stock for mbc1887 Route

crisger

RR Mod Maker
Hello all
recently i was kindly given some good referrals for Canadian Passenger sets. Now I am delving further back in time to explore the remarkable route created by Mr Clayden, mbc1887 and hoped to run it with the best and most authentic rolling stock possible. I did find some early items in the library but thought to ask for advice here. I heard that Norm had created some and there may have been some repaints of other suitable era assets. Any advice is most welcome for both motive power, locos, and for rolling stock both passenger and freight. thanks for any help on this. I love that era of steam and look forward very much to exploring the route.

I did fine seeking some early Canadian locomotives and such dependencies missing from the library which surprised me but was able to track them down elsewhere fortunately.

The Canadian Pacific RR had quite a history to quote a short summary:

incorporated in 1881. The railway was owned by Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, which began operations as legal owner in a corporate restructuring in 2001.[2]

Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the railway owned approximately 20,100 kilometres (12,500 mi) of track in seven provinces of Canada and into the United States,[2] stretching from Montreal to Vancouver, and as far north as Edmonton. Its rail network[3] also served Minneapolis–St. Paul, Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago, and Albany, New York, in the United States.

The railway was first built between eastern Canada and British Columbia between 1881 and 1885 (connecting with Ottawa Valley and Georgian Bay area lines built earlier), fulfilling a commitment extended to British Columbia[4] when it entered Confederation in 1871; the CPR was Canada's first transcontinental railway. Primarily a freight railway, the CPR was for decades the only practical means of long-distance passenger transport in most regions of Canada and was instrumental in the settlement and development of Western Canada

QssnPO.jpg

The First Transcontinental Train Arrives in Port Arthur in 1888.

lQackQ.jpg

A Triple Headed Train on Big Hill in 1890.

Chris

Last edited:
Back