Pennsylvania & Berwind, Version 2010 (Large Images)

Hey Joe and Bill!

Great work on this wonderful route that Bill created. I am a big fan of the original and have made a few mods to the older version in 2009 as well. But yours looks truly stunning!

So, with that in mind, keep up the great work! Sadly I don't have 2010 yet, but maybe someday when finances improve.

Cheers!

Hey Joe and Bill!

Great work on this wonderful route that Bill created. I am a big fan of the original and have made a few mods to the older version in 2009 as well. But yours looks truly stunning!

So, with that in mind, keep up the great work! Sadly I don't have 2010 yet, but maybe someday when finances improve.

Cheers!

Thanks Bryin, fortunately for you by the time I'm probably done doing this update, you'll be able to afford 2010 lol.

-Joe

ROFL...true. But that's a good thing isn't it? It will be done, and I'll have 2010 to be able to run it!

Cheers!

Hi Bryinmich,

I was just working a local up on the Vonny branch as was switching out Iron City and Horners..... do you ever go there anymore to either of those two industries?

Bill

After switching Standard oil, engine 8239 must run around its train OTLO, to make the return to Juanita. There the cars will be sorted and continue their journey to Allegheny and Grafton yards and industries. The run around takes place on one of only two double track girder bridges along the route.

acbdfaqoz201007030002.jpg

acbdfaqoz201007030000.jpg

-Joe

After switching Standard oil, engine 8239 must run around its train OTLO, to make the return to Juanita. There the cars will be sorted and continue their journey to Allegheny and Grafton yards and industries. The run around takes place on one of only two double track girder bridges along the route.
-Joe

Outstanding..... :udrool:

Very nice work. I can understand how hard it is to do the scenery especially in TR10. I'm so used to what is in TR06 that I find it is taking me a very long time to add even a simple farm in TR10. But the new look is well worth it.

Good luck and thanks for the great pictures.

Dan

Very nice work. I can understand how hard it is to do the scenery especially in TR10. I'm so used to what is in TR06 that I find it is taking me a very long time to add even a simple farm in TR10. But the new look is well worth it.

Good luck and thanks for the great pictures.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. 2010 is quite difficult to get right on the scenery aspect. It's almost like you're super-detailing, instead of just getting the 'jist' across, ya know. I like it better myself though. I'm a super detail kind of guy. Although, I tend to get hung up on little areas for long periods of time, trying to get them absolutely perfect and wasting time needed to complete other areas. Realistically I should just rough in most of it, get it done, then go back and do all the detail work, but I just have a hard time doing that. That and I have route ADD :eek:. I start an area, then start another, and another, and another lol, eventually I'll have to completely finish something:hehe:. I also tend to post a lot of unfinished pictures because of this. But I'll be done with this route one day, I promise, hopefully this year.

-Joe

Last edited:
Progress is very slow. Unfortunately I am a very busy and easily distracted person lol. Here's a quick shot from tonight:

Conrail 8245 makes it's way to Juanita with a heavy coal load from the Babcock Mine,

acbdfaqoz201008160004.jpg

acbdfaqoz201008160000.jpg

-Joe

A few more quickies from the Babcock Mine tonight,

A pair of SD40-2's run around their waiting coal train before heading up grade to Juanita.

acbdfaqoz201008170000.jpg

acbdfaqoz201008170001.jpg

acbdfaqoz201008170002.jpg

acbdfaqoz201008170003.jpg

I feel like I need to add a few more buildings to make this scene more believable. Haven't put my finger on it yet though. I'm definitely no expert on coal industry structures. And quite obviously the giant void to the right in the last picture will be filled by something or another.

-Joe

Wow, nice screenshots!

What to add to your coal mine? How about a couple of tall peaks of coal behind the processing plant (where the coal is loaded on to the hoppers). Grunge it up quite a bit more, and add some vehicles, people, an office, stuff like that.

It looks great thus far though!

Cheers!

:)

A few from tonight.

Just outside Grafton yard...

acbdfaqoz201009130004.jpg

acbdfaqoz201009130003.jpg

acbdfaqoz201009130001.jpg

Unfortunately because of problems with SP3 and Ultra Trees, I will only be using the 2D billboard style trees until there is a fix. :'(

-Joe

Back