The Logan Valley Railroad (Large Screenshot Warning)

ns9708

After a long hiatus from the game (TRS2006 was the last game I played from what I can remember) this route is meant to be a test bed for learning and relearning techniques, exploring all the new content, features, and specifically, Surveyor 2.0. The goal was to build a route that was relatively manageable while still having a lot of operational interest. These things considered, the concept is based off of the Juniata Valley Railroad based in Central Pennsylvania.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The route so far. Ten baseboards of track, with seven rail served industries.

We start off our day in the yard and will be following Logan Valley #36, which is a former NS (originally owned by Conrail) GP38-2.

First stop of the day is at the edge of town for Jefferson Logistics, which recieves raw material by rail. Today, LVRR picks up two boxcars from their spur.

Within the same spur, Nittany Fuel is also served by rail. The two unloaded tankers are currently at the rear of the consist and will be exchanged for loaded ones on our way back to the yard.

After coupling the two empties from Jefferson Logistics we now find the local on its way out to the Logan Valley Industrial Park, which is where most of the rail served industries can be found.

Preparing to cross Tea Creek before entering a slight dogleg which leads us to Logan Valley Industrial Park.

Here we can see LVRR #36 entering the industrial park. Unfortunately for anyone driving within the area, they're going to be waiting to cross the tracks for an extended period of time!

The first stop here is Chester MetalWorks, where LVRR #36 is exchanging two loaded gondolas for two empties. The most time efficient way of going about this is to switch Huntingdon Paper while making your way back on the runaround. For this trip, two full boxcars are loaded exchanged for two empties.

Here we can see two empties being placed in front of the warehouse, as well as the rest of our consist. The four hoppers are meant for Huntingdon Plastics Corp which is also switched before we get to the main customer of the LVRR, McLane Sanitation Products. Here, we also see the two tankers destined for Nittany Fuel.

Quite the traffic jam on Industrial Park road. Normally, it's not backed up this far. However, today all rail served industries are being switched in the industrial park.

The last stop in the industrial park is McLane Sanitation Products, which receives pulp rolls via 60ft boxcars. This industry is served daily.

To the relief of the drivers on Industrial Park road, the crossing is finally cleared after ten cars loaded cars are replaced with ten cars loaded with pulp rolls. LVRR #36 makes its way back to the yard but first, must make a stop at Nittany Fuel.

LVRR #36 finds its way almost back to the yard, but drops off two empties for Nittany Fuel. From here, the consist will be picked up by Norfolk Southern within the yard since it doubles as an interchange for the LVRR.

This route is still a work in progress but it has been fun to so far to create and run trains on this route. Thanks for reading!

This route looks wonderful! Keep up the good work.

Is it available for download and running on TRS2019?

Regards,
WMM1216

Back