JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

Really? Sounds to me like Jointed Rail is getting a little lazy

Yes Really.

Keep in mind all the modifications some of this community makes to our content. We have people adding their own scripting, engine sounds, horns, parts, skins, etc. etc. I'm not saying this is wrong but YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I don't know what you did, why should we have to support it?

Why should JointedRail be the one supporting modified content? When we make the piece of content, we make it with what it was supposed to have with the options we have available that work for most users of Trainz dating to 2009 SP4. Keep in mind we make things that work in 4 different versions of Trainz. I'm sure we could tommorrow say " hey guess what were not going to support anything but TS12" but we don't do we? We want as many people to enjoy what we make as possible.

Don't even begin to tell me we are lazy, you have no idea what I have to deal with along with the rest of this team.

-Kevin

Last edited:
So your telling me you arnt going to tell me how because it would create issues for a person that works at JR? correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure that people who work are supposed to do their job, not just say "well, if we tell you guys how, it will create problems for us to solve". :eek:

Kevin does his job, plus makes sure the rest of us are doing our jobs, plus making sure there are no support issues with anyone, plus shows, plus shipping, plus reskins, plus route stuff, plus spending time accessing other peoples computers to help them solve issues that have nothing to do with JR, plus watching forums, facebook, twitter and anything else that may pop up.

Kevin is doing his job and he does an awesome job. He goes well above and beyond anything we have ever asked of him, he's easily one of the hardest, most dedicated people I have ever probably met.

I think you owe him an apology, that was pretty richard.

Oh and he also has a FULL TIME JOB on top of everything listed above.

Thank you Kevin, we appreciate you!

Mike

This argument began with a person not liking how the piece of content did not have a prototypical cab. THAT WAS FIVE DAYS AND SIX PAGES AGO! THIS NEEDS TO STOP, NOW!

Thank you Kevin, we appreciate you!
Make sure to pay him with a bonus of all the cheese imaginable for a year! He's one awesome fellow! He's been nothing but helpful for me, and I don't even deserve it half the time! #1 customer support rep at work, all customer support reps should follow the example that Kevin sets!

Not sure if my post was deleted or I just forgot to hit post, but anyways. I like JRs and their content, but I feel that by them being a business they sometimes remove themselves from the community and sometimes place themselves above the rest. Maybe JRs needs to do some recruiting to help with the burden. They seem to have grown really fast, ran out of man power and slowed down. Just my two cents.

Not sure if my post was deleted or I just forgot to hit post, but anyways. I like JRs and their content, but I feel that by them being a business they sometimes remove themselves from the community and sometimes place themselves above the rest. Maybe JRs needs to do some recruiting to help with the burden. They seem to have grown really fast, ran out of man power and slowed down. Just my two cents.

Or maybe we're not going to deal with any BS? Again, and again and again and again.... We're no better than anyone else, but we're not going to be attacked and be quiet about it, sorry!

Mike

So yeah back to those screenshots and renders guys! Anything else from this point forward off the screenshot/renders topic we'll just moderate out of this thread.....just saying it now so it stays on the topic it should be on.

my-reaction-when-I-get-into-an-argument-with-women-homer-simpson-hide-in-bush-disappears.gif

Or maybe we're not going to deal with any BS? Again, and again and again and again.... We're no better than anyone else, but we're not going to be attacked and be quiet about it, sorry!

Mike
I didn't say you can't defend yourself I was simply stating how I feel from time to time. Most content creators will help when people ask questions about their content. But by JRs always being so busy they can't always and that frustrates people. Plus the community is large and JRs is small compared to it, and everyone wants them to make the content because of its quality. But its a two edged sword, by having such high quality it slows production way down, so having restless people is to be expected, that's why I suggested recruiting new members. Also I guess I shouldn't of generalized all of JRs as to being detached from the community just certain members.

but I feel that by them being a business they sometimes remove themselves from the community and sometimes place themselves above the rest. Maybe JRs needs to do some recruiting to help with the burden. They seem to have grown really fast, ran out of man power and slowed down.

Well what you said was we think we are better than everyone else, and we hold ourselves to a higher standard. This is simply not true. Every single one of us puts our pants on one leg at a time just like you. We support what we sell, if you break something that worked on purpose and then want us to fix it, that simply doesn't work. We provide content in working order, if you modify it and it breaks how does this become our fault? It's like buying a new car and then swapping out the motor when you get home expecting it to work just fine and it doesn't, then expecting the dealer to fix that.

We make content in small batches, sure we could whip out several items a week if we didn't care about the end result but the problem with all of our guys is they care too much. This is evident in the content they produce, and the time it takes them to do it. We only bring on people we think we can trust, and that number is extremely low. It's a shame, as alot of the folks we would like to talk to simpy can't be trusted. We do much more than just Trainz and it's important we have people that can be trusted with confidential materials.

So again, we're not better than anyone else. We started doing this stuff just like the rest of you did, and had the same results. I have been modeling now almost 2 years and am still doing buildings and scenery until I am comfortable doing other things. Also if you have a product that doesn't work as delivered you can expect that issue to be resolved within a couple of hours on most days. The only reason someone would need to wait more than a couple of hours for help would be we are traveling or it's a Holiday. I wish some of the places I have to deal with were as fast about getting back to me.

If you have a problem with myself or any other JR members, please by all means contact me offlist and we will put that fire out right away.

Thanks!

Mike

Well what you said was we think we are better than everyone else, and we hold ourselves to a higher standard. This is simply not true.

I disagree. Call me what you like. Say I am detached.

I know we are better than everyone else, and that is exactly why we hold ourselves to meet a higher standard. That is why we take more time to develop things than just cranking out new baseline content every week. That is why not just any old guy off the street can join and help out. Sure if we wanted to just make regular old junk to saturate the community with we could do that; I could do that, but I won't - because we are better than that. If you don't like that something takes a long time to get done that's fine. I certainly don't see any complaints when the final product is released. Every one of us is working on something at any given time, and we have not slowed down, we just work on bigger and better projects that improve the sim experience for us all each time around.

Now excuse me, I have to go work on something awesome.

Back