How do I find out what is happening here

craigdon

I am trying to download from the DLS some routes/sessions created by driverCol and the nearest I can get is a message after supposedly downloading that says "unable to search asset kuid xxxxxxxxxxxx Please check your My Trainz login details".
I have been back to My Trainz and everything is ok when I login.
What can be happening ?? Anyone
craigdon

Can you provide a specific example? e.g. what route (include kuid please)
Does CM report that anything at all has been downloaded? Use the Search Filter Today to check.

I am trying to download from the DLS some routes/sessions created by driverCol and the nearest I can get is a message after supposedly downloading that says "unable to search asset kuid xxxxxxxxxxxx Please check your My Trainz login details".
I have been back to My Trainz and everything is ok when I login.
What can be happening ?? Anyone
craigdon

Try logging out then back in, it is a problem here when uploading. May be similar.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have been trying to download the routes by driverCol and keep getting these errors. This morning around 08.00hrs (local UK) I tried to download Drummond-LBSCR (REV 1) and got these messages. "Searching asset Drummond-LBSCR (REV1) Unable to search asset<kuid149790:101028:1> Unable to contact server. This is repeated 4 or 5 times then the message ends with @Complete' There is also the usual message at the top that says "1 Warning and 0 Errors" I can try TRS2019 Platinum Edition or TRS2022 and I use Google Chrome.
craigdon

You could try downloading in game from the main menu, as you would have to be logged in to get to the main menu. If that is successful you may just have a glitch in content manager.
edit: I just read your first post again and noticed you mentioned My Trainz. The login there has nothing to do with logging into the game which is done from the launcher. Check that you are logged in there, under Settings

Last edited:
You have lost me here I think.

You could try downloading in game from the main menu, as you would have to be logged in to get to the main menu. If that is successful you may just have a glitch in content manager.

I don't understand, do I open the game from the desktop icon where I get the option to Start Trainz, Manage Content, Trainz Settings or Content Store ??

Check that you are logged in there, under Settings Where , I am at a loss here and getting more confused by the minute. Thanks for your help it is much appreciated

The asset <kuid2:149790:101028:1> Drummond - LBSCR (Rev.1) is build 4.5 (TANE SP2/SP3 and above)

Using CM I was able to download the asset without any problems (no errors just 18 warnings).

So, my best guess is that the problem is at your end. Either a login issue (you have to use the same login for the Forum as you do for TRS19/22) or something external to Trainz is interfering with the download process (your AV program or an VPN for example but you already have ruled out the VPN).

AV programs can cause issues for DLS downloads because they insist on opening and scanning everything that your application (in this case TRS19/22) opens. In this case your Trainz database of installed items. If you have an AV installed make sure that both TRS19.exe and TRS22.exe are added to its real time exclusion list.

If the above measures fail then the next question to ask is does this occur for every download or is CM just taking a dislike to some?

Another possible action is to raise the issue with the N3V helpdesk.

Problem Solved

Thanks for the help but I have solved the problem. I bought TRS19 and TRS2022 on the same day BUT ONLY REGISTERED ONE OF THEM !! I went to Launcher>Settings and it showed that I needed to register BOTH. Having done that I was able to download without a problem. Thanks for your help.
craigdon

Back