Problem accessing Trainz Wiki

pware

Trainz Veteran
Since the weekend I have been unable to log into the Trainz Wiki pages. Accessing and viewing the pages is not a problem, just logging in so the pages can be edited or new pages added.

During an editing session I received a message stating that a problem had occurred and that session data had been lost. It recommended logging in again. When I logged in I got a message

Login error
TrainzOnline uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.

This same message has been repeated on every login attempt since on both Firefox and MS Edge. I have checked my browser cookie settings and the site "online.ts2009.com" has been exempted from cookie blocking in both browsers. Setting the browser to accept all cookies makes no difference.

I have raised a ticket with the Help Desk (now called Support) but is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

I can get in there fine, although I don't edit anything. In fact, I was in there earlier looking up something on category-class because I needed to research the code for passenger cars.

Hmm. Just tried on my mobile phone. Still no good. Perhaps they're trying to tell me something?

Good idea. Cleared all cookies and site data. Still no joy.

Perhaps it is time to give the Wiki a rest for a while. Time to actually finish that route rebuild I started a few years ago.
That sounds like a plan. It'll be a nice break too. My reinstall process has been going along slowly between installs, faulty checking and installing.

Well I have now tried logging into the Trainz Wiki on 4 different devices, including one on which I have never accessed the forums or the Wiki before. All give the same result.

EDIT: After reading another thread about problems with the Trainz Gallery not working, and confirming that it is also a problem with me, then perhaps there is a wider issue here.

Last edited:
pware,
just confirming that the Wiki login does not work for me either (and I am definitely on a different device than you).
I also get the same error message as shown in your original post #1..

pware,
just confirming that the Wiki login does not work for me either (and I am definitely on a different device than you).
I also get the same error message as shown in your original post #1..
Thank you, you have saved what little is left of my sanity :eek:

Hallelujah! 🥳🎉 It is now working. I can log on. And, as a bonus, the Trainz Gallery is now showing thumbnails

Pictures uploaded between the 23rd and 27th seem to be lost. They don't show a thumbnail, and there are no pictures, only the description is available.

Peter

Pictures uploaded between the 23rd and 27th seem to be lost. They don't show a thumbnail, and there are no pictures, only the description is available.
The gallery thumbnails are showing on all my devices whereas before it was just the outline boxes where the thumbnails should appear.

Your screenshots are in the screenshot folder located in "Trainz22plus" (if that is your Trainz version).
You will have to manually add them ,one at a time to the Trainz Gallery, a bit of a pain, but at least they are not lost.

Cheers, evilcrow

Back