Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY357

Some call me Biff
Dear Jointed Rail. I recently thought Of an idea were people who own your payware and or freeware loco's and have reskined them could post them on your site. Just and idea but hey.

If you wanna do that then become a member of Jointed Rail. I doubt they want just random people making skins and posting them.

You can post screenshots of unauthorized personal re-skins ... but to redistribute even freeware assets without explicit permission from the creator is illegal, especially if it is a payware asset.

Just a a Windows OS CD, a Norton AV CD ... etc ... A EULA applies to its ownership ... as if you bought a JR loco, you do not own it ... they still retain all the legal rights over the asset.

That called the "End Use Licence Agreement" ... you bought a licence to operate it ... and a license can be revoked by a creator/owner.

Hence, if you lent/gave away/sold/borrowed a Windows OS CD to a friend, Microsoft could turn your Windows OS off, and procecute.

Last edited:
Post screenshots anywhere you'd like but releasing anything that was payware or even freeware without JR permission isnt going to fly. I know alot of people have reskinned alot of our different models but they have always been for their own use. This isnt going to change anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back