Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use "Host then Post"

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

Default How to use "Host then Post"

For all the people out there who still haven't figured out how to post a screenshot (or any image in their post) I have created this tutorial for the relatively new "Host then Post" picture host website.

First, go to http://hostthenpost.org/index.php . It's a very simple website that is no frills, but can host very nice-sized pictures. Click on the "Browse" icon:

Find your picture. For TRAINZ screenshots, they are found in your main drive, under either Auran or NV3, depending on the version of TRAINZ you have, click on the Trainz game folder, then "UserData", and the Screenshots folder. After you find your picture, click "Open".

This will return you to the "Host then Post" site. Click "Host" and the picture (or pictures if you decide to add more that one) will begin to be uploaded to the "Host then Post" site.

After the picture is uploaded, you'll see this screen. Copy the "Forum" line...

Then paste that in your Trainz Forum post:

"Host then Post" is my favorite picture hosting site because it's free, there are no ads, and the pictures always look big enough and sharp enough.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Dave

Blog Entries

Excellent tutorial, Dave. I vote for this being made a sticky!

If I may add, then after uploading to Host Then Post, you can click the "My Uploads" link, then for each of the thumbnails on that page, click on one and bookmark the resulting detail page. This way you can still go to the detail pages for your images after they are gone from the "My Uploads" page (if you have a dynamic IP address) to retrieve the forum code or whatever code you need if you need to post them again later.

Regards,

Zachary.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2-GHz, 4 GiB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 3400 Series, 2-TB 7200-RPM eSATA HDD, Windows Vista 32-bit.
    TS2010 49933.

Dave,

In TR2006 I struggled to post pictures but I was able to do it. Since having TR2012 I was not able to figure it out, until I read your instructions above. Your method is so easy!! Thank you for posting these instructions. Also, thanks for the great content as well.

Dan

(( It's really too bad this was never made into a STICKY.))

Arrow Glue

Looks sticky to me .

Note that you can now "just" upload your screenshots to the gallery and use those here.

Quote Originally Posted by oknotsen View Post
    Looks sticky to me .

Note that you can now "just" upload your screenshots to the gallery and use those here.

Blog Entries

Very useful. Unfortunately my ISP (BT) seems to have started blocking the site as I now only see small black squares and I cannot access the site; why I don't know.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

@ Teddytoot:

You have TANE. You don't need websites like that.

If you make a screenshot in game, you get offers to upload it.
    Once you done so, it shows up on the gallery.
    You can link to the image stored in the gallery.

... unless my signature image is not working (as that actually is also on the gallery).

Might take you a few seconds the first time to figure out the image URL. I did so by right-clicking the image and "open in browser".

@oknotsen- Cool looking sig, No weird warnings. Alls right as rain again.
    (-3-)y-~~

Blog Entries

@ Teddytoot:

Thanks for that information but my problem is that I cannot see any hostthenpost images in the forum because I cannot access the site and neither apparently can my ISP (BT). I wonder if other UK users have any problems.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

John,

I have exactly the same problem, I can see the details of the link but have no access. I tried to go directly to the site and my ISP blocks my access. However there is something strange, I think that NormHart uses HTP and I can see his posted images. Puzzling?

Peter

(edit) It appears that HTP is not the problem for me, it is 'imageshack' images that won't display
    Last edited by narrowgauge; August 23rd, 2016 at 07:41 PM.
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

Blog Entries

Default Awesome

Just used this for the fist time, I have always used Photo Bucket before but that site is a pain, this is much better. Thanks for the tutorial, great stuff.
    Chris

Blog Entries

Default Wondered about that

@ Teddytoot: You have TANE. You don't need websites like that. If you make a screenshot in game, you get offers to upload it. Once you done so, it shows up on the gallery. You can link to the image stored in the gallery. ... unless my signature image is not working (as that actually is also on the gallery). Might take you a few seconds the first time to figure out the image URL. I did so by right-clicking the image and "open in browser".
    I was wondering why it was asking me to upload to a gallery, DUH.
    Chris

@ Teddytoot:

If you make a screenshot in game, you get offers to upload it.
    Once you done so, it shows up on the gallery.
    You can link to the image stored in the gallery.

... unless my signature image is not working (as that actually is also on the gallery).

Might take you a few seconds the first time to figure out the image URL. I did so by right-clicking the image and "open in browser".

I give up. How?

I have captured the screen shot, and apparently have uploaded. Where did it go? How do I link to it in the "Screenshots" thread.

Way back when (2007) I used Imageshack, and I note there is still a sticky with instructions for this method. Bit I can't find any recent instructions for using TANE's uploads. I'm guessing there must be something somewhere, I just don't see to be able to find it.

Phil
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; November 30th, 2017 at 05:38 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FootplatePhil View Post
    I give up. How?

I have captured the screen shot, and apparently have uploaded. Where did it go? How do I link to it in the "Screenshots" thread.
    I found a shot of yours for Weddin NSW - (edit) actually Wattamondara. I've driven through there a few times.

Anyway, logon or go to your MyTrainz and the Trainz Gallery is down at the bottom of the list under Community.
    Last edited by pcas1986; November 30th, 2017 at 06:27 AM.

Paul