Content manager

kd7eirjim

SP Aficionado
It is with great dismay that I must post here yet again with a problem. After waiting days to get my downloaded files, now I cannot download anything using Content Manager as it keeps insisting that I do not have a registered serial number. So, I play the silly little game and try to register, which of course results in my being told that the serial number is already registered to me.

I tried all the tricks I could find online, such as changing my password at Planet Auran, re-entering my credentials in CM, database repair, both quick and extended.

I don't really care to hear "Try it tomorrow." I PAID FOR THIS GAME AND THE FCT. It's up to ME when I want to use it, NOT the N3V servers.

Is there EVER going to be an end to this fiasco?

At this point I am just about ready to ask for a refund and buy a competing product.

May The Force be with you. The only current competition has too many flaws to list here. This kind of thing happens occasionally, and trying to fix it just means you'll have to redo everything after the download station is back up again, so it's best to just leave it alone. When it's down for more than 24 hours or it's down 4 days in a single week THEN we ALL start hollering, but when they're in the process of changing to a new server trying to improve reliability for us, I think we should cut them a little slack until the new system is debugged. It's not a job I would want to do.

I DO that server job everyday. If you don't understand the concept of redundancy, then you have no business working anywhere near a critical server. My experience has been nothing short of deplorable since I parted with my money to buy TS12.

I just tried opening up CMP in TS12 and it says that my serial number is not resgistered...... Will wait till the morning and see if it works then. Hopefully it is just the server.

I suspect they don't consider availability of game addon downloads to be "critical", not exactly life threatening if I have to wait a day or two to download something for a game. Anyway my experience over the last two years has also been aggravating irritating frustrating, but I can tell you from personal experience that with all the flaws in Trainz the other trainsim games have a lot worse problems.

having the same problems also i cannot even get the pictures of the downloads on the dls to see what they are i have fct and cannot even download certain content it starts a full download speed and stalls and will not go anymore i am paying for something that don't work.

I suspect they don't consider availability of game addon downloads to be "critical", not exactly life threatening if I have to wait a day or two to download something for a game. Anyway my experience over the last two years has also been aggravating irritating frustrating, but I can tell you from personal experience that with all the flaws in Trainz the other trainsim games have a lot worse problems.

I understand what you are saying, and I commend your attitude in this matter. I work very hard all day in a very stressful enterprise environment, so when i get home and want to play my game, it's very frustrating to not be able to do what I want. I realize that downloading add-on content is probably not considered critical to N3V, but when I want to download something in my limited time, it IS critical to me. If this were a one-off situation, I would be much more understanding. But my experience with Trainz has been very frustrating from the get go.

I spent my money on Trainz because I did my due diligence and realized that the competition is nowhere near as good, however there really needs to be more than "We suck less than the competition" to back up the company.

I realize that they are having a hard time with their migration. But when an enterprise migration starts going south, and you can step back for a moment and see that things are working RIGHT NOW, it's usually prudent to stop whatever migration you were in the process of, regroup, give the users of your systems some breathing room, and come back to the problem at a later time when you have been able to deduce the cause of your failures, and put procedures in place to reduce or eliminate those issues.

Hi All
Despite how it may look, we do see issues which cause the the Download Station to become unavailable as critical, however sometimes they do take a little time to fix. We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible and we do thank everyone for reporting/confirming the issue here.

We will keep you updated here when we have more news.

Regards

Kaboom! Carry out one small fix to help those people stuck in registration limbo, and every registered Trainz version is suddenly out-of-date :(

Our script-master who fixed the registration issue has been severally whipped and lathered in cream .. er ..no..hang on, wrong forum

The good news is that through the power of the forums, the helpdesk team and some quick skype chats with our coders, the problem was solved within an hour or so.

Of course we know these things shouldn't happen, but it we hadn't upset KD7 last week, he wouldn't have posted here so quickly and we wouldn't have known about the issue until right about now which is Friday 5:30pm ;)

(Thanks for reporting the problem).

Have a happy weekend all.

Tony

And mac CMP has been working al through this... hmm is that what WindWalkr meant when he said "good things come to those who wait"?

Are you sure about that! Some how I'm not too easily convinced. The text search feature has been shot to pieces when trying to locate another user and their listed assets.

Cheers

Marty

Just searched for 2 different users, and downloaded a couple of Locos with no problem.

Correction; tried both sources of the DLS and CMP, appears to be a mistake on my end as the text feature does not consider applying any variables when searching for a particular asset.

Cheers

Marty

Last edited:
Back