Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Now things are starting to come together for a 1950's Sherman Hill.

So you can reskin PaulsTrainz locomotives? I was debating on whether or not to get some since I don't like the all the gold and weird colors that are used and was wondering if I could change them

So you can reskin PaulsTrainz locomotives? I was debating on whether or not to get some since I don't like the all the gold and weird colors that are used and was wondering if I could change them
It can be done. Its not always easy though. I took the AC-9 model and messed with the colors a bit. I was going for something that looked more SP ie black paint with white lettering. What I wound up with looks like the locomotive just came right out of the paint shops.

The world is a very different place than we know today. Due to the effects of WWI on the railroads there has been a mass rebuilding under way and lines are forced to be more cooperative with each other. One big change was the city terminal act in 1920 where major passenger rail hubs would construct and maintain union stations to better handle passenger transfers and troop transfers. This lead to the creation of "city throats" where lines would converge to enter city terminals.

Below we have the outskirts of the southern approach to Cincinnati. These tracks host the NYC, PRR, and the LE&E. The LE&E and NYC tracks set higher on the side of the hill where the PRR will join up with the L&A's Speedway mainline closer to the river before all come together in the riverfront bottoms to enter Cincinnati Union Terminal or the Cincinnati Central Station.

Here we have the NYC and PRR racing to see who makes to the final merging tower first 10 miles away.

Dave

Busy times at the the throat.

c00bfffdb5708c59170ed6d0b9609efe.jpg

5cf9569bd9f363e65f2e036c7e16bcb4.jpg

83145f7f034ada95b2c5ba6b056a71da.jpg

23b75c965757db4cba97ec6afaceed14.jpg

Dave

I didn't reskin them, I paid Paul to reskin them. At a reasonable cost I might add.

And speaking of reskinning, did you do that C&O 2-8-2 Don?

It's Ben Neal's model and the license says no I can not share. sorry Don

Thanks for the thought, I hadn't read Ben's licensing in awhile and had not realized that he has differing licensing for different model sets. So you did me a favor since I'd been planing on repainting some of Ben's Pacifics for the C&O but now I'll have to rethink that.

Oopps I forgot that the NM&W also shared the PRR entering into the southern approach to Cincy. The Railfan caught train 721 of the NM&W on its way past the Lunken Zeppelin Port.

Dave

Daylight painted Cab forward? Great idea Norm.

I'm think I may have to have Paul make an L&A livery of coaches for me.

Dave

Daylight painted Cab forward? Great idea Norm.

I can't take credit for the idea, Lionel produced that locomotive many years ago. :D PaulzTrainz was kind enough to make it for me.

I'm think I may have to have Paul make an L&A livery of coaches for me.

Dave

Can't beat the price IMO 15 cars for 18 bucks plus $5 for custom paint if he does not have the livery in stock. The standard set includes 6 chair cars and a bunch of others. An articulated Coffee, Kitchen, Diner set, Tavern, News, Observation, Baggage. When I ordered the C&O set he included a 3/4 Dome. If you know the numbers of the L&A cars you want he will number them too.

The All Pullman consist above is made up of 2 Baggage cars, a 38 seat Crew car, a 48 seat Chair car, an articulated 26 seat Chair, 24 Sleeper set, 3 6-6-4 Sleeper cars, the Coffee, Kitchen, Diner set, 3 4-4-2 Sleeper cars, a News car, a Tavern car, and a Sleeper Observation car. The sleeper cars cost a bit more. All have PULLMAN on the name board. I prefer the smooth side to the ribbed side cars myself, although I have both. Interactive passengers and interiors too!

Articulated Sleeper/Chair

6-6-4 sleepers

Diner/Kitchen/Coffee

Last edited:
Possibly my favorite run in Trainz, the dawn run over Sherman Hill

Pulling out of Laredo at 5:00 AM

And arriving at Cheyenne around 6:45 AM

I took 63 screenies on this run but I'll spare you those. :D

Back