Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

New acquisition from PaulzTrainz Espee AC-9 hauls a string of KRL High Capacity loads bound for Cal-i-for-ni-ay.

:D

The front drivers on the challengers still erk me because the slider bracket for the crosshead doesnt connect with the piston.

Norm, I have two questions for you.
1. What route are you using? Is it Donner Pass? (That only counts as one, lol)
2. Did you order all these locomotives with the odd running numbers or is that a TANE thing?

Norm, I have two questions for you.
1. What route are you using? Is it Donner Pass? (That only counts as one, lol)
2. Did you order all these locomotives with the odd running numbers or is that a TANE thing?

1. yes (counts as two answers) Edit; I have just recently imported the Donner Pass route from TrainzItalia into TANE and many assets in it are faulty in TANE. I have not started any conversion work at all (speedtrees, procedural track etc etc.) I am anticipating that TrainzItalia will be making their own adaptation eventually but I got impatient. :D

2. Yes sort of. For the AM-2 I believe I accepted Paul's default numbering which I am quite sure is historically accurate. For the Daylight AC-12 #4275 that is the Lionel Model that I commissioned from PaulzTrainz and is historically accurate for Lionel and also is within the range of Southern Pacific AC-12 numbers. (AC8 4177-4204, AC10 4205-4244, AC11 4245-4274, AC12 4275-4294) The GS-2 Black has a number I selected within the historical number range. The same with the AC-9 Standard.

Edit: more screenies from Donner, winter this time.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone will complain

I am up to 63 UP steam locomotives now, a couple of duplicates but by different artists. (and several 844s of course)

The newest additions are 3 Challengers from PaulzTrainz very nice IMO although I ordered them with the optional MARS lights and I'm not sure how historically accurate they are. (now have 17 Challengers)

Last edited:
Nice I might order some more challengers from Paulz Trainz soon. Great shot Normhart, plus where did you get that engine that looks like a 2-8-2 near the 3 water tenders from, it looks nice.

Last edited:
Norm..... Really liking your shots, as always
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

All the SP cab-forwards were numbered in the 4000 range, with AM-2's being renumbered into the 3900s to make room for AC-8's on the rosters. The AC-9's (the conventional one) were numbered in the 3800s and carried these numbers right up to the end. I like the shots, it was just the locomotive numbers that got me asking questions. But when it comes to the SP, I can be a rivet counter sometimes (but my therapist says Im improving, LOL).

This one?

<kuid:581273:100030> Union Pacific MK-9 #2295 Engine by Daylighttrain I can't remember if he uploaded it to the DLS or shared a link here.

All the SP cab-forwards were numbered in the 4000 range, with AM-2's being renumbered into the 3900s to make room for AC-8's on the rosters. The AC-9's (the conventional one) were numbered in the 3800s and carried these numbers right up to the end. I like the shots, it was just the locomotive numbers that got me asking questions. But when it comes to the SP, I can be a rivet counter sometimes (but my therapist says Im improving, LOL).

I've noticed that about espee fans. I'll do some more research but I tend to trust Paul and his sources.

Back