Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Taking my new toy out for a spin.

Available from PaulzTrainz http://www.paulztrainz.myenet.info/ $18 for 3 locomotives comes with 2 coal tenders ea and 2 Bud cars. Optional: Oil tender, MARS lights, ditch lights, Wind Wings, TTG paint, and weathering.

Unsolicited testimonial; I'm pretty happy with these, negatives = Cab view does not work in TANE, I'm not to sure about the e-spec.

The Challengers

In TANE (that I have)

CSA-1 (Challenger Simple Articulated) "Light Challengers" 15 Built by Schenectady 1936 Oil, 2 Built by ANL (Not Currently Available)

CSA-2 "Light Challengers" 25 Built by Schenectady 1937 Oil, 2 Built by ANL (Not Currently Available)

The Challengers in TANE cont.

CS 4664-4 Challenger 25 Built by Schenectady 1943 Coal, 4 Built by rudolf3610 TrainzItalia, 6 Repainted by andrealuigi TrainzItalia, 1 repainted by normhart

One of the 10 CS 4664-6 (3975-3984) that were converted to oil. by rudolf3610 and available at TrainzItalia

Another of the 10 with the Two Tone Gray with Yellow striping (TTG-Y) by rudolf3610

Another of the 10 with the TTG-S (silver gray striping) repaint of rudolf3610 by normhart (Not Available)

CS 4664-6 As built repaint by andrealuigi available at TrainzItalia

Possible configuration of one of the 10 before the TTG period by PaulzTrainz

It is possible to have all 25 done by PaulzTraiz in all their various configurations. :D

Last edited:
@flyboy559

1. yes (counts as two answers) Edit; I have just recently imported the Donner Pass route from TrainzItalia into TANE and many assets in it are faulty in TANE. I have not started any conversion work at all (speedtrees, procedural track etc etc.) I am anticipating that TrainzItalia will be making their own adaptation eventually but I got impatient. :D

2. Yes sort of. For the AM-2 I believe I accepted Paul's default numbering which I am quite sure is historically accurate. For the Daylight AC-12 #4275 that is the Lionel Model that I commissioned from PaulzTrainz and is historically accurate for Lionel and also is within the range of Southern Pacific AC-12 numbers. (AC8 4177-4204, AC10 4205-4244, AC11 4245-4274, AC12 4275-4294) The GS-2 Black has a number I selected within the historical number range. The same with the AC-9 Standard.

Well that turns out to be wrong. Apparently Paul used the build numbers. :hehe: I'll have to do something about that. Should be 3900-3911 as you said.

All the SP cab-forwards were numbered in the 4000 range, with AM-2's being renumbered into the 3900s to make room for AC-8's on the rosters. The AC-9's (the conventional one) were numbered in the 3800s and carried these numbers right up to the end. I like the shots, it was just the locomotive numbers that got me asking questions. But when it comes to the SP, I can be a rivet counter sometimes (but my therapist says Im improving, LOL).

The same is true of the AC-9s Serial numbers instead of rolling numbers should be 3800-3811 :hehe:

Last edited:
Ummm, this is how I love to start my day! Two thousand tons of double-header goodness over the mountains.

Now I can have breakfast. :hehe:

Southern Pacific NG action.
5f286c69229530ed263cfd4ea335538e.jpg

The Southern Pacific Lark is approaching Santa Barbara nearly completing her 12 hour overnight run from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

Locomotive and Passenger Cars from PaulzTrainz

Last edited:
Back