The Utah Belt (Warning: Potential for very large Awesome shots)

matruck

Dirty Deeds
I've always wanted a Thread just for this Route and the Awesome Content. Special thanks to Kingstonflyer for starting this Route off for me.

cafbc015b2ce005e3560dca20f8e0f80.jpg

Here we see Sum Jr Loco's along with a UB Bulkhead by Joe ( Socalwb909 ) And just behind the loco's you can spot a couple of JVCtreez ST-8 Payware Autumn Maple's awesome stuff Jan.
24651f087b41a507c8463739d0712596.jpg

More Rolling Stock from Joe ( Socalwb909 ) the dude is a machine.
7cfa0c1c871a35ecb4a87935d8bd6a1d.jpg

I still have a bit of fine tuning to do on the Gevo, But it's getting there.
19698d2adac768e98741ed6a7012f5b9.jpg

Here we see Joe's New Boxcar's in Utah Belt and there spectacular, Few bare spots in the background i know folk's but Texturing Mountain side's is a real Brain cell killer let me tell ya lol.
Cheers Mick.

Awesome stuff, Mick!! Looks perfect for UB content.

Just wondering what are the 3D autumn trees you are using? They look great... well way improved vs the built-ins.

Gotta love the UB...might have to buy that ES44 when she comes out. Assuming it does, anyway.

Great work!

Thanks for the comment's folks.
Means a lot coming from a master Andy, @Forest those Tree's are part of JVCTreez Payware ST-8 well worth it mate for sure.
@Laurent if you click on my sig mate you will find the Track at Jointedrail.com Should find what your looking for in the Freeware section Laurent.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Last edited:
I think you've got the route-building thing down
Howdy Leroy LOL yeah i wish i had Route building down mate but i couldn't do this stuff to save my self lol, Hence the reason for this thread so hopefully a few of the master's at this could pass on their experience.
bc480dcf59da415cd7096d2f47f03317.jpg

From here the mountain side's kind of look ok to me with the textures they have.
d3cb451c226922728dc5b237bc80c630.jpg

But from up here and most long distance pics they don't really look like mountain's. Although yesterday was the first time i've spent more then an hour in Surveyor for well over a year and i had the best time, I did have to have a nana nap though as Route Building is very taxing LOL.

...Although yesterday was the first time i've spent more then an hour in Surveyor for well over a year and i had the best time, I did have to have a nana nap though as Route Building is very taxing LOL.

Naww Mick, Im proud of you :p Looks great mate, Love that arial one in ur last post :cool: Is is DEM terrain?

From here the mountain side's kind of look ok to me with the textures they have......

*Pic Removed*

But from up here and most long distance pics they don't really look like mountain's.

Nana nap - ROFL

Mate welcome to one of the great frustrations of routebuilding! Texturing hillsides is a challenge if the ground textures can also be seen from a distance. Two of the routes I started - Cane Creek and an Irish NG route are now haz-beenz for exactly that reason. I can apply ground texture that looks great close up, but looks dead ordinary when viewed from a distance. I an also apply ground textures that look OK from a distance, but then they look shabby close up. It really is a problem.

East Kentucky works because distant hills show trees, not ground texture. Clovis works because the ground texture is a flat bland sandy mix without any detail. But Cane Creek was deep rocky canyon with lots of detail, the Irish thing was grass, gorse and heather. Damned if I could get either one to look good from a distance, because in both there was lots of detailed ground texture close up...

Andy ;)

Thank's Fella's and yepper's it's a DEM but i cant say which one i'll wait for somebody to guess i reckon lol. Andy the Cane Creek is what i'm trying to base these mountains off actually so yeah one day it might actually look like that i don't know when that will be yet LOL. I'm kind of liking the idea of them looking better in close pic's then further away as once you get too far from the track i may as well go buy a Mountain Sim and do it there ROFL. Expect sum inquire's though Andy.
Cheers Mick. :wave:

Is it soldier summit or some summit?

BTW - those shots look awesome Mick, and great rolling stock Joe

Jamie

Is it soldier summit
Damn Jamie your spot on mate LOL, As the Utah Belt started in New Mexico on thru Utah towards Salt Lake City i thought this one would be as good as any.

You know what's coming next...

Gee thanks Rich, but it's too late for junk food :hehe:

Jamie

Back