Screenshot of the Week: 5/6 to 5/13 (Warning: potential for large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here.

There is an existing submission thread (for a different theme) currently going that closes in a couple of days, but I need to get the contest back in sync with the Sunday to Saturday week.

This week's theme: Fall and Winter shots. Shots set in the fall/autumn or winter.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on May 13 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (May 12 at 8:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week will have no theme.

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are appreciated! :)

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

Last edited:
tower.jpg

Down in most parts of Aus, we don't really have a winter. We have cold weather but not much (in lots of places none) snow. Can I just post a Aus shot that's "cold"?

Jamie

Yeah, A show in the local theater house is going on, so he is having a cup of tea while he waits.

Hehe, Love this week's theme!

sawyer811201204220036.jpg

New Haven J-1 class 2-6-0 Number 201 leads MKT K-10 class 2-8-0 No. 628 on a fantrip excursion.

Down in most parts of Aus, we don't really have a winter. We have cold weather but not much (in lots of places none) snow. Can I just post a Aus shot that's "cold"?

Jamie

Jamie, the theme does not specify snow as a requirement. Shots simply need to be set in the fall/autumn or winter, often signified (at least here in North America) by deciduous trees' leaves changing color for autumn and falling off for winter.

YIKES.....And we just got over this season and now we are back at it.....lol.....:hehe: Hope we dont see it for a long time
<snip>

LOL! And now it's summer already (not technically, but the high temperatures that we have been having around here in the recent past are certainly more like summer than spring). :eek:

Regards,

Zachary.

As Jamie noted above Australian winter don't stand out significantly from any other time of year accept it gets colder and ice appears on the windscreen of your car in the morning, so you may not see it but...

... a freshly painted K103 steams into Tallarat with a small mixed train, June 2 1934...
timothetoolman201205080.jpg

Cheers
Stevo

You may think this shot doesn't fit the criteria, but here in Oz we can only run steam on the mainline during the winter months (May-November to be exact) so I take it this shot counts?

MillopHill1.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Last edited:
Living in Queensland, I've never seen snow before, so here is my Matchbox loco in some Southern Hemisphere alpine region, on June 4th, a very important date in my year. :)

Back