NSW Coal Loader- Error Message

mattm

Doing my best.
Hi all,

As the title says, and this screenshot illustrates:

(Click for larger image.)

I am having trouble with Davido's NSW Coal Loader.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue, which results in the loading animation playing on an endless loop, and refusing to load my hoppers?

Cheers,

Matt.

By the looks of it, it's missing a sound file, or it is corrupted.

Try opening the asset for edit, to check if the file is indeed present.

If it is not,you may need to edit the config.txt (soundloop section)

Shane

By the looks of it, it's missing a sound file, or it is corrupted.

Try opening the asset for edit, to check if the file is indeed present.

If it is not,you may need to edit the config.txt (soundloop section)

Shane

Shane,

Thanks for the quick reply. There is no sound file, nor does there appear to be any reference to a soundloop in the config.

Matt.

The sound file is in the SRA coal hopper Asset 60723:1015 I don't think it's the loader at all.

Davido,

You are correct. The issue is missing sound files in the hopper; copying the files from the default Coal Hopper, and the relevant section for the config did the trick.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt.
If you have discovered a faulty asset then can you please put the fix on the DLS with the rest of the upgraded assets? Would be a great help to the vast majority of us that cannot manipulate these text files that you have managed to do. :wave:

Hi Matt.
If you have discovered a faulty asset then can you please put the fix on the DLS with the rest of the upgraded assets? Would be a great help to the vast majority of us that cannot manipulate these text files that you have managed to do. :wave:
It's not a faulty asset, he's done something to it to break it and he doesn't have my permission to change my content and put it on the DLS.

It's not a faulty asset, he's done something to it to break it and he doesn't have my permission to change my content and put it on the DLS.

Davido, the asset was broken when I aquired it, having two important files missing from its' folder; causing it to throw up a script error when used with another of your assets.

The asset in question was not the only one with issue, several of your other hoppers also missing the sound files required to work the script properly. These files, if not detected at the appropriate time, throw up the script error mentioned earlier, and trigger an endless loading animation cycle, making your Coal Loader asset, and I suspect others (will test that tonight) unusable.

Given that the assets in question are created by you, and downloaded straight from the DLS, with no modifications by me prior to the above issue becoming apparent, how is the issue one of my making?

Sincerely,

Matthew.

Which one's are broken Matthew?
I've just downloaded all the NHVF's in both 10 and 12 and the sound files are there.
I get a warning about the texture.txt files and that is all.
Where are all the bug reports that these assets are broken?
I've not received one complaint about these and they've been on the DLS for quite a while now.
So I assume it is something you are doing to break them.

Davido,

Apologies to you. Deleting and redownloading the hoppers has caused the missing files to show.

No idea what happened; all part of the 'fun' of using this program I suppose!;);)

Matt.

Accepted....begrudgingly. I was itching for a fight:p

I realize that the above was a joke (! hope!:eek:) but had I seen your response just after it was written, you might have got one!

Having had several hours to cool off over the afternoon, however, the fight has gone out of me. The morning was a bit of a rough one for me, and that might have come through in my earlier post.

Sorry fellow forum dwellers, put the popcorn away; it wont be needed.:hehe:

Cheers,

Matt.

Back