Content Manager and Updating the Database

SailorDan

This is Content Manager for TRS2006 in the Trainz Collection 3 DVD pack. I don't know the version (because I can't look it up!!).
There is ample disc space and the drive is adequately defragged, but those issues seem to be more related to downloading - I can't even get that far.
The message "Updating the Trainz Asset Database. Please wait..." appears so I wait. After a while the update completes, and I start to use content manager - eg setting up a search. Almost immediately it becomes unresponsive, and after a moment the message reappears and I wait some more. Then it finishes again, I try something, it pauses, goes dim, and a moment later the message appears. This has been going on for over an hour.
How do I get to use Content Manager when this message keeps popping up and preventing me from doing anything?

Pre-SP1 builds of TRS2006 had issues like that.

You will need to run Trainz normally (not Content Manager) to get the build number (this will be in the bottom right-hand corner of the Main Menu screen).

If it is less than 3092, a patch will be required, and you will have to reinstall the game then run the patch before running the game for the first time.

Shane

OK. I guess I just have to find a way to use it in the tiny breaks between the updates - it's going to be a slow process!

Later:
I've given up on Content Manger becasue it just isn't going to work. I can't do anything useful in the pauses between updates. Based on some posts here I found the on-line Download Station.

But at the top it says: "You will need an activated First Class Ticket to access the Download Station" Later, it says:
Download Requirements
  • Registered with Planet Auran
    Register your Trainz serial number in your Planet Auran profile (the number found on the inside of your retail box or DVD case)
    Note: You will only be able to download content from the same or earlier versions of Trainz that you have registered.
  • Enter your Planet Auran Username and Password information in the Trainz Configuration Menu on your Trainz Launcher.
I've done all that, but nothing happens when I search and I can't see anything in the download basket. I don't have a first class ticket (and I'm not about to hand over even more money when the product currently isn't working properly).

I wondered if I needed the helper update (it is marked as for UTC) but the URL doesn't exist.

Is the claim on the box "Over 80,000 additional items available for download free" just advertising blurb that Auran has no intention of honoring?

Last edited:
The bad news is anyone with 2006 or lower has to have a FCT to download assets from the DLS, has been so for a while now.
Have a look at trainz pro routes and maybe obos trainz catalogue for alternative sources.

The bad news is anyone with 2006 or lower has to have a FCT to download assets from the DLS, has been so for a while now.
Have a look at trainz pro routes and maybe obos trainz catalogue for alternative sources.

Thanks. I'll take it back and get a refund, as the availability of the downloads was promised in very large letters on the packaging.

Do you have a reference to this change in policy, so there won't be an argument?

Back