Major Tri State Area Project

hey guys my cpu crash last year however, I'm hopping back into trainz. can anybody please tell me where I can find a working R142 and R62 for trainz12. im trying to recreate the (2) line. thanks for the help

Last edited:
Simmyd: For Trainz 12, you can find the R62 and R142 at BDC projects.

Santafe8643: lol, thank you. You should register your version of Trainz. I am building this route in Trainz A New Era.

Experimenting with some of my route building in the upper Hudson region. I am trying out a combination of different billboard trees on the route. Previously, I was using the RMM speed trees but there is something about the older billboard trees that looks nice when a mixture of them are placed. I think they may not even put a heavy load on the GPU.

I'm jealous now. XD I only have the iPad version. The route looks nice.

FYI I started out with my first Trainz Game on Ipad 2, I know exactly what you mean........Now I use IPAD version for travel on Planes, and play with T:ANE, my latest version now, on Laptop Specs you see below. Just make sure you backup your work on both ICloud and DLS so you don't lose anything on IPAD.....MAC is a different animal for sure.

Slowly but surely making progress on the route. This is at Beacon station along the Metro North. Here we have an outbound Amtrak train bound for Niagra Falls and an inbound freight bound for oakpoint yards in the South Bronx. There is a Metro North Maxibomb (P32AC-DM and Shoreliner push pulls) a few minutes behind this Amtrak train.

I am taking another approach with the Major Tri State Area project. For now, I am thinking of working on the New York City underground portions of the subway lines (4,5 and 6)(1, 2 and 3) and A line in Manhattan. After completing these subway lines in Manhattan, I am going to work on the Metro North in Manhattan and then make my way up north towards the Bronx and the suburbs north of the Bronx. The DEM that I have been working on with TransDEM so far covers Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, part of New Jersey, western Long Island, upstate New York and Connecticut. It only covers the areas where the train lines are. I thought this would be a good approach because from what I have worked on so far, there a bits and pieces of different areas worked on. Below is a screenshot of the subway line I worked on for the Lexington Avenue line. This will extend down to 14th st Union Square or Brooklyn Bridge City Hall. Can I please get help with understanding the gradients for the New York City Subway and how the signals work. Part of me says, as long as it all looks good to the eye and a bit of imagination, it will all be good.

R62A 6 train approaching 103rd st on the northbound local track.

Inbound R142 5 train headed to 86th st just passing 110th street on the express track

Thank you for the track maps Jamal17. Thank you Ministerfarrigut. The track maps and a few youtube videos have helped to give me an idea of where the track junctions and columns are. Today, I completed the approach to 116th street and the 4 and 5 descending below 116th street. I hope to make it to 125th street within the next week.

Thank you Ktain.ny. I have worked on it for a few years. I hope to make a good amount of progress with the subway this summer, completing the Lexington Avenue line between Grand Central and Yankee Stadium. I am curious but would anyone know of a permanent way to getting rid of stuttering in TANE? When in the cab of the subway car, when I approach a station, I seem to run into stuttering and it also happens for the Metro North around 125th st. I am curious about the stuttering specifically in the Harlem area because there is no scenery for this section of the DEM, just trackwork.

Working my way into 125th street station on the Lexington Avenue line. Due to inclement weather, some R142/A 4 train are on the layup tracks in the tunnel being stored. Seen here is an R142A on the layup track just south of 125th st. It's a good challenge piecing together the subway tunnel pieces but the ruler tools and wire frame view in Trainz help out a lot with placing items underground.

What NYCTA track/signal maps do you need for your project? I have finally converted them to picture format, so I can send them as jpgs.

E-mail me or PM.

-A

Last edited:
Letting my imagination flow. Adding greenery and detail to the Soundview section of the Bronx. Amtrak AEM-7 and Amfleets on a sunny spring day approaching Westchester Avenue in the Bronx.

A short trip over to IRT East 180th Street yard on the 2 & 5 subway line. Due to weekend construction along the Jerome Avenue line, 4 trains have been rerouted onto the 2 and 5 line from Grand Concourse 149th Street to East 180th Street. Shuttle buses will be providing service to Dyre Avenue at this time:cool:. Would anyone know of good streets with sidewalks that I could use for the New York City Area. When I used Trainz 2010, I used the TTR streets but they won't work in TANE.

Last edited:
Thank you Sidneybarnes. I really appreciate it. I am making good progress on the route. So far, almost all of the track work for East 180th Street yard and Unionport yard is complete. I just have to add in switch heaters and more signals and then I will revamp the tracks north of Bronx Park East station.

More shots throughout Unionport yard and East 180th Street yard. Stay tuned for more updates.

Train traffic on a cloudy afternoon at Unionport yard.

An R142 at East 180th street yard for the weekend and R142 2 train on the uptown platform bound for Wakefield 241st street station. West Farms and Bronx River in the background and the former Third Avenue el tracks and platform to the side.

Back