New build number?

GDennish

Hi,

I have been recently downloading engines from 2006 and they havent been working. i noticed the build number is 2.7? The engine was from UTC? What happened?

These assets will be part of the large & ongoing update of older items to update them to native mode compatability in TS2009, TS2010 & I believe possibly 2012 as well. The 2.7 build is used since Auran/NV3 no longer actively support older builds eg '04 & '06 for upload to DLS. The 2.7 build number is Trainz Classic 1,2 in which quite a few changes were made from earlier builds.
So you'll be able to use these assets in native mode in TS2010 but will have to use the older versions for TS2006 and lower.
Hope this clears things up a little for you :)

Pete

What is native mode? No one has given me an awnser for it? All my engines in 2010 work in railyard but not in surveyor.

In the options in game, there is a check-box (can't remember exactly where) that says 'enable compatibility mode for older content'. If this is NOT checked, you are in native mode. Content flagged by content manager as faulty or missing dependencies will not appear in native mode. Native mode is faster 99% of the time.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Back