Trainz+ build for HD Terrain

fjbicrf

Greetings,

I have been away from my computer for a while (busy with work) and would like to know what the build number is for Trainz+ that includes the HD terrain. I have read here that some of the recent updates tend to break things that were previously working. I would prefer not to install any updates until they are fixed.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Fred Bray

The current build for the non-Steam version of Plus is 123794.

If you plan on doing anything, save the download for your current version and backup your data prior to upgrading. With that said, you can try the upgrade. If it doesn't work, you can go back to your original.

During the update, the initial DBR doesn't produce a progress bar. To watch the progress, use the Show logs option located under the Developer menu on the Launcher. This is the mistake I made. I started up Trainz while the DBR was rebuilding the database and I corrupted things causing a big mess that required a completely fresh install.

John,

Thanks for the info. Where do I find the download for my current version in order to back it up?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Fred Bray

John,

Thanks for the info. Where do I find the download for my current version in order to back it up?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Fred Bray
That would be the download if you did a manual install. The installer is about 9.8 GB. If you don't have it, ensure you definitely have a backup of your current installation, both the program and the data.

Trainz, any version for that matter, can be run without installing. The only thing you'd need to do is create a shortcut for the program on your desktop and. once you associate the database with that Trainz Plus version, your database will connect to it.

There is one thing to be aware of. Your data will not be changed when you run the DBR for the new version. The only time the data is changed is when you save the file. Should you decide to back out of the install, you can always reconnect your saved-old version and reconnect the program to your data.

To make things easier, if you have disk space, create a fresh install for the new version, and use a copy of your current data for that. If everything works, then you can move on from there. As always keep a backup of what you already have just in case.

Back