What is Trainz Simulator 12 ?

I was so excited when I first saw the add's, but so deflated when I saw the price.
I can't afford £92.00 (150.00AUD) thats just ridiculous.
What about MP? is this where it is going to 2012? at that price?
:eek:

:hehe: Talking about collectors and collections, there is Mick Jagger's signed underwear offered in the Internet. The Magic of...

;)

The informative side of Alberte :wave:

:hehe: Talking about collectors and collections, there is Mick Jagger's signed underwear offered in the Internet. The Magic of...

;)

The informative side of Alberte :wave:

What some people will pursue can be pretty unbelievable some times. Why lots of people suddenly started gobbling up the particular model of gun that the gunman used in the Tucson, Arizona shooting, just because it was the model gun that he used, is beyond me. :eek:

Regards.

... I will probably get it once I have saved up enough money for trainz 12. Will probably start clearing the **** out of my external hard drive to make room for it.
But I will probably want to keep Trainz 2010 for single player mode. Will compatibility still be there?

I'm in

I pre-ordered one. If I get one of the Golden Tickets, I'll have a Lifetime FCT available since I already have one of those... OY!

I got into Trainz to avoid the costs of real-world model railroading. Given hardware upgrades, software, FTCs, etc. I'm nearing $800US out of pocket. And you know, I don't regret it. I hope that Trainz 12 is a worthy upgrade.

I agree with that comment John! In view of the general disappointment with the Duchess Pack I would be inclined to think twice before buying another Auran/N3V product.

Rob.

Well they've hooked you one more time than they've hooked me :hehe: (I didn't buy TC 1&2)

I am more interested in the gambling aspect of the 5 years of future products if I am one of the 10...

Like a raffle, you pays your money and you takes your chances :D

I pre-ordered one. ...............I hope that Trainz 12 is a worthy upgrade.

Good Luck! I see you can afford it with your fuel costs being a quarter of that over here! Nearly all of my "disposable income" is now being pumped into my car's gas tank at £1.35 a litre and rising! (Yet in the USA, it's still less than 50c a litre)

I am not going to "diss" Trainz 12 - it is most likely an improvement, although I am still using a wealth of "old" content so the lack of backwards compatibility would be an issue for "Dr Beeching's Withered Arm!"

For ordinary, decent, hard-working people, we are in the middle of the worst economic depression since the 1930's and we I just couldn't justify the best part of £100 for my hobby when there are so many other things my family are going short of! The terrible situation in Japan, and the unrest in the Middle East is obviously going to deepen the global economic crisis.

I would imagine there are many people around the world for whom this holds true also, so no matter how much the thought of winning Willie Wonka's "Golden Ticket" is tempting, I must decline.

I am not going to "diss" Trainz 12 - it is most likely an improvement, although I am still using a wealth of "old" content so the lack of backwards compatibility would be an issue for "Dr Beeching's Withered Arm!"

For ordinary, decent, hard-working people, we are in the middle of the worst economic depression since the 1930's and we I just couldn't justify the best part of £100 for my hobby when there are so many other things my family are going short of! The terrible situation in Japan, and the unrest in the Middle East is obviously going to deepen the global economic crisis.

I would imagine there are many people around the world for whom this holds true also, so no matter how much the thought of winning Willie Wonka's "Golden Ticket" is tempting, I must decline.

Holds True For Me Sterret - Do not see the value versus the price. No enough innovation for the cost, and also undetermined if they changed the Game Engine from the Jet Engine to a more effecient Game Engine that I feel is required moving forward from that of TS2010. The European, United States, and now Japan Financial Crisis is far from that being expressed in the news.

In US Dollars: $146.
My opinion is flat out to costly given the current economic unrest in the world.
Let's however not jump to conclusions TS2012 will be offerred seperately.

Also, I'd like to add it seems plausible that there are indeed some fixed SpeedTrees per this screenshot ( I can not verify if these are of mine ):

http://images.auran.com/auran.com/shop/products/TrainzSimulator12_362/screenshots/13l.jpg

Last edited:
Before I even think about buying a new version of Trainz, I would have to buy a new computer. I've now got more important things on my mind, and TS has taken a back seat, or even a trunk ride, so I don't think this is one I'll be playing with. Especially not the "Anniversary" pack for $149.

FW

Good Luck! I see you can afford it with your fuel costs being a quarter of that over here! Nearly all of my "disposable income" is now being pumped into my car's gas tank at £1.35 a litre and rising! (Yet in the USA, it's still less than 50c a litre)~~~~snip~~~~.

Regular gas in USA is $3.55 +/- per gallon.

I think that is more per liter than the number you post.

But....... I could be wrong. Let me know if I am.

Have fun,

for me, I really don't care about the price. I have separate money set aside just for trainz. Now that I have a 1tb external hard drive, I should be good. I just wish I knew how to update my laptops graphics or video card though. Imagine if it has the new metro north m8's.

Regular gas in USA is $3.55 +/- per gallon.

I think that is more per liter than the number you post.

But....... I could be wrong. Let me know if I am.

Have fun,

By regular gas I guess you mean petrol, £6.14p per UK gallon.
Diesel £6.28p.
And it rises roughly 2p per litre a week at the moment.
If you fill up on the motorway services I saw diesel at 144.9p per litre=£6.59p per gallon.

Last edited:
Good Luck! I see you can afford it with your fuel costs being a quarter of that over here! Nearly all of my "disposable income" is now being pumped into my car's gas tank at £1.35 a litre and rising! (Yet in the USA, it's still less than 50c a litre)

At last somebody's talking reality! :confused:

I don't know how life is going on in Oz currently, but we the Northerners have been going through an aching age for two years now. IMHO N3VRF4ilers have gone too far in pricing, and the contents of this new "attempt" aren't appealing enough for average trainzers. Maybe they are for Mick Jagger's underwear collectors, like me. :hehe: I'll be putting N3VRF4ilers' signatures on. :hehe:

The dressing side of Alberte:wave:

At last somebody's talking reality! :confused:

I don't know how life is going on in Oz currently, but we the Northerners have been going through an aching age for two years now. IMHO N3VRF4ilers have gone too far in pricing, and the contents of this new "attempt" aren't appealing enough for average trainzers. Maybe they are for Mick Jagger's underwear collectors, like me. :hehe: I'll be putting N3VRF4ilers' signatures on. :hehe:

The dressing side of Alberte:wave:

You do not really collect underwear, do you, Alberte? :eek:

Regards.

Back