"Dems for Dummies"

CNYTOM

Do they have a “Dem for Dummies” book because this 66 year old could sure use one.
Let me set the stage, First I have Trainz 2009 Build 41844; Second, what I want is to create a shortline from the area I grew up.
This line runs from Waddington, NY to Norwood, NY. It was the old Norwood and St. Lawrence. The second part runs from Norwood to Ogdensburg NY, the old Rutland part.
Now for the hard part, at least for me, I followed the “Wewain Trainz fan site” and was able to download all the Dems and Tiger info. Using Irfanview, I converted to TGA files. Then using Hog, I created a gnd file. Read everything I could and could not get it loaded into Trainz 2009.
Then the melt down started. I started to try everything. First the article from Virtual RR on “Converting Dem Files to Trainz map”. Then I went and bought Transdem. To be truthful my problem with Transdem is that I can't understand the tutorials. I guess Wewain spoiled me.
What really want to do is have way of taking the Dems from the above area and then either use Google or the Topo 7.5 that I have for that area for 1963. I would like to put it on the layout, so I can lay track where it goes and put scenery where it goes. I would appreciate any and all help I can get, but I work best with the simple stuff.
Thanks,
Tom

Back