uncouple from different ends

Jayturf

How do I specify which end of the loco I want to uncouple from? I have some situations where I have cars on both ends of the loco and want the ai to uncouple from only one end. Is this possible? or should I just not have cars on both ends.

G'day Jayturf. Try Uncouplez or UncouplezFrom, by Smileyman. Both are on the DLS.

Uncouplez: <kuid:66277:80000>
UncouplesFrom: <kuid:66277:80005>

Hope this helps. If not, someone will correct me:D.

the problem is that i am using the command in a schedule library. So I can couple an engine to some cars then give it the command..then at some points the engine has to uncouple and move some cars around...all using ai...and I don't know what cars it is going to be attached too necessarilly. It works ok when the cars are behind the engine...but not reliably when the cars are coupled to both sides.

I was only trying to help:'(. But seriously, somebody with more experience will have to help with this one. I have no idea how to work with schedules, being that i prefer to put down a few locos, a few wagons that seem appropriate for the route's industry base, add an extra rule or two, then save that as a session and run on the fly, so to speak.

A more experienced scenario creator shall be along shortly, to assist you with your inquiry.

Have a nice day,
Matt.

Uncouplez From

the problem is that i am using the command in a schedule library. So I can couple an engine to some cars then give it the command..then at some points the engine has to uncouple and move some cars around...all using ai...and I don't know what cars it is going to be attached too necessarilly. It works ok when the cars are behind the engine...but not reliably when the cars are coupled to both sides.

The UNCOUPLEZ FROM command works pretty good with the AI. The command references from the car it perceives is the FRONT of the train. If the engine is in the middle, the leading car when the loco is going forward is "0". if you had four cars, a steam engine with a tender and four more cars:
To uncouple the leading car only is UNCOUPLEZ FROM 0
To uncouple all of the leading cars is UNCOUPLEZ FROM 3
To uncouple all cars behind the tender is UNCOUPLEZ FROM 6

I hope that helps.

I have a different problem with UNCOUPLEZ FROM. It only works with 20 vehicles, and I need to uncouple as far back as 48. Unfortunately, the script is encrypted, so I can't modify it.:(

RFB

. . . I have a different problem with UNCOUPLEZ FROM. It only works with 20 vehicles, and I need to uncouple as far back as 48. Unfortunately, the script is encrypted, so I can't modify it.:(

RFB

I have the same problem. I have sent a PM to Smileyman requesting an expansion of the command. Hopefully there will be a positive response.

I've heard nothing. Guess we need to find someone to write a new driver command.

Back