Drivermodule.gs crashes in TS2010 SP2 ?

NikkiA

After issuing a Navigate to, or Drive to, command, the AI driver will fail and crash at some point, usually about 3-4 minutes later.

Screenshot here:

Also note that the HUD elements have frozen, ie. Time, Speed, Limit and all the controls are not updated anymore.

Ive take it you have done a complete database extended repair after you installed the patch?

Then this would be an Auran problem maybe send in a ticket with urgent marked on it. My patch is still installing so ill comment when its done.

hert:wave:

Never mind, fixed it, was a problem with the route that was causing the AI to freak out.

(Although the software dev in me says that such a problem shouldn't cause the AI driver to crash)

Never mind, fixed it, was a problem with the route that was causing the AI to freak out.

(Although the software dev in me says that such a problem shouldn't cause the AI driver to crash)

NikkiA, I'm having the same error happening each time a consist changes direction while under AI control.
What exactly was the problem with your route?
Perhaps my problem is the same as yours.

Andyz.

NikkiA, I'm having the same error happening each time a consist changes direction while under AI control.
What exactly was the problem with your route?
Perhaps my problem is the same as yours.

Andyz.

It was a rogue invisible junction that was blocking forward movement on the track, and the AI was convinced it was the shortest path, so wouldn't reverse and take a different track.

It was a rogue invisible junction that was blocking forward movement on the track, and the AI was convinced it was the shortest path, so wouldn't reverse and take a different track.

No Rogue junctions involved on my maps. The problem occurs without fail on every map, the first time a train changes direction.
Does anyone else have this error happening?

Andyz.

No Rogue junctions involved on my maps. The problem occurs without fail on every map, the first time a train changes direction.
Does anyone else have this error happening?

Andyz.

I just started getting this error today.

A "change direction" driver command preceded the error in all instances.

The error did not occur until today when I added a driver that uses change direction.

I'm glad I did a search on the forum here, it would have taken me forever to narrow it down.

Also, never seen this problem till SP2.

I just did a quick test.

Using a previously created session which uses the change direction driver command and was problem free.

The session was created with the SP1 patch in place.

The session had not been run since applying SP2.

I added a single locomotive to the session. Had it navigate to a nearby trackmark, change direction then navigate to a second trackmark. About a minute later BAM, drivermodule.gs error.

Was just about to ask about this myself. I have started getting this all the time (driver hud error) any map, any session, any train! I get it in both 06 and 2010. I have no idea what causes it but I wish I could find out, it's not the change direction rule as I barley use it. I tried a simple run on Banks Heath in 2010 with just me and 1 ai driver at the other end, gave him a nav to command and went to meet him half way and lost the driver hud after 5 mins. :confused:

Back