new essex/london layout

trainzessex

my first layout for trs 2004 shoeburyness to fenchurch street

trainz2010013016060190.jpg
[/url]

That's a very nice start. Just two questions though, is it a freight and passenger route, or is it just a passenger route.

some more photos and info

Passager train just pulled it to Tilbury Town

1 passage train leaving Tilbury Riverside Station and 1 entering Tilbury Riverside

onwaytostanfordlehope.jpg

Passager train on way to Stanford Le Hope Station

Tankers leaving Station Le Hope on way to Purfleet refinery

more info

Run coal from coal mine to power stations ,
run fuel from refinery to power stations and fuel depot

full passager trains from Shoeburyness via Pitsea via Grays to Fenchurch Street

trains still to tba

feed back welcome

Steam Excursions

I just have one more question, will Fowler 4F 0-6-0s take excursions or will everything be diesel hauled?

That's a good start, keep at it- building a route that size should take you a few years!

A few comments that may be of use- change the default Auran track, I'd recommend the MP track wood/ MP track concrete range on the DLS. You can do this globally using Trainz Objects which takes a few minutes, you don't have to relay it all again and it looks much more realistic.

Some ground textures repeat in a pattern when applied, if you press the [ key on your keyboard (next to P) while painting the ground it rotates the texture and looks much better. Obviously don't do this with ploughed field textures!

HTH.

BTW what is the electric unit you are using, it shows class 313 on the front (?) but doesn't look like zxr400s class 313?

Last edited:
thank you tmz06003 i change track MP track wood/ MP track concrete

did not know about the textures thank you

did not know it would take that long

thanks again tmz06003

Just wondering, what version of Trainz are you running? There is prototypical stock for the era you are modelling, but depending what version of trainz you are running.

Trainzessex do a DLS search for zxr400 as he has made class 313's which will work in 2004 and also look like the real thing. Also if WEN pulls his finger out and gets his 302's released you can use them as well :) Not a bad start though. If you need any help on putting up the OHLE let me know and I will give you some advice :)

Better and better

It just keeps getting better and better. 5 stars for everything. I can see it as a great starter route, for those who are interested in small routes.

3 new photos of change made

on way to Tilbury Town London bound

Tilbury Riverside loop

On way to East Tilbury london bound

You may be interested in this container crane on the DLS:

kuid2:60238:38526:1

This is a Trainz model of the actual Freightliner crane at Tilbury.

Vulcan built a range of UK container cranes from photos supplied by me, see this thread on the UK Trainz forum for details:

http://forum.uktrainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=6069

What started off as a model of the Portobello Freightliner crane (Edinburgh) for the TRS2010 ECML route was widened to form the Tilbury crane. These cranes are identical except for width.

HTH.

Cool I like to see this route made, considering I live near one of the stations:) Are you basing it off special data of some sort?

Tom Hughes

Back