Major problems here.

ljstott

Hello everyone,
I am have all sorts of problem here. I'm running a p4 2.8hz with 1gig of memory.
I have trs wbe 2009. The monitor is a 19" lcd.
Here is the problem.
1 In the middle of play a route the computer restarts. or it comes up with error messages problem that it needs to send.
When in design mode I can not put track where I want it to go. The track keep wanting to come together all the time. Plus station that are not plush to the ground, the platforms are up in the air.
The error message is driving me mad.
I have check for virus and malware, trojans. Nothing there.
It is a great peace of software. Not going to give up on this.

Any help to this problem would be well recieved.
ljstott.:confused:

We will need to know your OS and video card, you may have something running in the background that is doing it.

EndItAll

Before running Trainz I run EndItAll, a little utility that shuts down all background progs.

Angela

Hello everyone,
I am have all sorts of problem here. I'm running a p4 2.8hz with 1gig of memory.
I have trs wbe 2009. The monitor is a 19" lcd.
Here is the problem.
1 In the middle of play a route the computer restarts. or it comes up with error messages problem that it needs to send.
When in design mode I can not put track where I want it to go. The track keep wanting to come together all the time. Plus station that are not plush to the ground, the platforms are up in the air.
The error message is driving me mad.
I have check for virus and malware, trojans. Nothing there.
It is a great peace of software. Not going to give up on this.

Any help to this problem would be well recieved.
ljstott.:confused:

I can help you with the problem of the track attaching itself to another section of track. When moving or installing track with an end spline, press the "shift" key before pressing "enter", and the track will go exactly where you placed it without attaching itself to another section of track.

As far as the platforms being up in the air. This could be a terrain problem. If the area that the structure sets on is not level, it can hold it up. Try flattening the area under the structure to lower it.

If you want to raise or lower an object, go into Surveyor, press on the "Objects F3" tab, click on the 'Adjust height H" button, and you can raise or lower the object as desired.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, Joe

Hi,

Couple of thoughts:-

1) Trainz (all versions) use the graphics cards hard - i.e. the card will be needing a lot of power - comapred with most other programs.

2) If you have an older PC - check that the power supply and the cooling (especially the cooling) are up to the job - random errors can be due to either power supply problems - or overheating. The latter can be a terminal problem.

3) Does your PC have shared memory for the graphics? If it is, then the graphics will be taking memory away from the program and that slows everything down (lots of disc access - see power suppply!)

4) memory - 1Mb is really a bit small for TRS 2009 - it's much happier with 2 Mb...

HTH

Colin

Try holding down the shift key too when adjusting the elevation. This allows for "micro" Height adjustments.

This also works for adjusting the angle of the objects too.

John

jrfolco,
I have bookmarked the site and will download it after I'm finished here.
Just an update.
I'm back with and update on what has been happening here.
I have upgrade memory to 2 gig and all driver are up to date as well.
I'm have more problem now than before.
First: I click on start then click on driver. With in 2 minutes to 5 minutes the thing freezes. If I get pass that I loss colour.
Each time I run Trainz 2009 I keep getting error reports all the time.
Here are the other secs
amd 2.6+ cpu
Nvidia ge force 5500 128 mem.
window xp sp3.
I have just put the sissors to trs 2006.
After running cm it would not run at all.
I think I might have to put the sissors to ts2009.
And total forget about even looking at ts2010.
I have seen so many people writing about these issues.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi , I have a similar problem.I have a new computer built in March.
The problem appeared in July.Until then everything worked perfect.
OK,when I lunch a game,any game after a few minutes my PC does not restart,instead the screen comes black,the sound is beeping,then the HDD stops spinning and I need to reset the computer from the button.After the BIOS screen,appears the windows error recovery screen,but I don't know why because there was no BSOD,blue screen or something like that,and then it boots up like nothing happend.I was using too a little useful application to close programs GBoost.
Then the same error appears when I refresh the windows experience index,and now very recently even when I was looking at videos on youtube.
I think this is a power issue from my poor Inter-Tech 500w PSU.I suspect her because I have a front intake fan connected directly to the PSU and depending on the load from my GPU(a GTX 560 winfast edition)the speed of the fan is changing.I checked the voltages and the 12v rail is dropping on load to 11.616v wich I think is quiet baddly.
So here are some additional details:
CPU:i3-2100
GPU:LeadTek WinFast GTX 560
Ram:Corsair Value 4GB ddr3 1333Mhz
PSU:Inter-Tech SL-500 500w

Temps:Idle:CPU:26-30C
Load:CPU:50-60C with Aida64 Extreme
Idle:GPU:30C
Load:GPU:Couldn't measure because it does that thing ^
But not very hot,I have a 70CFM fan blowing directly on it

@boyrem25:It would be nice,but it happens at every game I play.

@shaneturner12: that's what I wanted to hear,I will tell my cousin about this(he made my build)and ask him to bring his TX650 V2 and hook it up to my PC and see if the problem persist.I had in the past when everything was working good some coil noise from the GPU and some heavy lag caused I think from "a leak of power" from this poor PSU.

@Euphod:Hmm,a RAM test,I wasn't expecting this but I'll try it.

Allright thank you for the help.News a week after Black Friday when I will replace my PSU with a Seasonic or RMA my RAM.And I want to congratulate the speed and dedication of team Auran,good job guys!

EDIT:Yes it was the PSU.I replaced it with a Mushkin PSU,yes not Seasonic,but it's a high quality unit too;and now my PC works even better than when it was new.

Last edited:
Back