Train speeds

weejock

When i set up a train speed say at 80 kph the train only travels at 35-38 kph can anybody explain or help me with this ??? thank you

Speed will depend on how far ahead the AI can see signals and if there is a train ahead.

If the signal ahead is not green then the train speed is reduced.

Usually slower speeds means you have not placed signals correctly.

Dennis

Hi
I have found that several things can cause Locos to run at half speed but the most common seems to be either incorrect signal placing or too much distance between signals - the Loco cannot read far enough ahead to verify a clear track.
Hope this helps.
Ron:rolleyes:

At start of a new session the train will travel at the default speed (40) until it passes speed boards then it will use the correct speed unless as said in previous replys the signals are red ahead of it.

Hi
I have found that several things can cause Locos to run at half speed but the most common seems to be either incorrect signal placing or too much distance between signals - the Loco cannot read far enough ahead to verify a clear track.
Hope this helps.
Ron:rolleyes:

this brings up a question that i've had for awhile now concerning signal placement.

assuming you're on a mainline with no branching out... just mainline track... how often would you want to place signals?

this brings up a question that i've had for awhile now concerning signal placement.

assuming you're on a mainline with no branching out... just mainline track... how often would you want to place signals?

I usually go a mile or two between signals, depending on how many trains..etc...

Good Questions, I'd like to add the following question, how can I make a section of track's speed limit higher then the 40MPH that seems to be the default?

Hi,

In France, it is an average of every 1.5km

cheers

Good Questions, I'd like to add the following question, how can I make a section of track's speed limit higher then the 40MPH that seems to be the default?

Add a speedboard by the track and the speed will go to that. As well as those included there are many other types of speedboard on the DLS, including invisible ones.

If the signal is green proceed at track speed, if it is yellow or sometimes orange proceed at half track speed.
(if the limit is 70, proceed at 35) If the signal is red, stop. Very simple.

The help!

I usually go a mile or two between signals, depending on how many trains..etc...

When making a route move your mouse up to the top in a second a menu will pop up. Where you can click quick drive theres a paper looking icon and hold mouse over it for a second and it says session rules :) click this PLEASE NOTE: this will be a long list :eek: so people please take your time to read this!!! Some of this could really help you out!!! If your find something about MaxSpeedPermented click it or add something to add it to rules!! Highlight the new rule and click edit read slowly and do as it saidNOTE one more time: this will make al trains go this speed the whole route! and or go into track side objects right beside track laying tool and click that is has a crossing sign and look for speed signs i never did this so good luck :cool: :cool: :D :).

Last edited:

between 1 and 2 miles or between 1600 and 3200 metres. the longest run that still worked for me was about five miles but it was impractical. if the signal distance is too high, the signal will NOT clear at all as it cannot see the state of the next one and rightfully assumes that the line is blocked...

regards

harry

Back