train stops unexpectedly

nunez

Hi everyone,

I am confronted with the problem cited in title. The AI train entered a track diverted by a switch with speed limited to 60 kph, advanced a few meters then stopped completely. The light signals are all green and there are no obstacles on the track. In addition, there are no special "train stuck" messages. If I leave the AI, I can drive the train without any problems on the same track.

Have you identified this type of problem ? Have you solved it ?

In advance I thank you for taking the time to read me and perhaps give me a solution if it exists.

Have a good day. Cheers.

Uh oh, you might be going through the current Ai bug in trainz 22

Make sure the place, track mark, Industrie, the AI is told to go to is available once it gets diverted.

Hi everyone,

Thanks guys for your advice.

For my part, I continued my investigations and ... I found the solution !

In fact, after making some changes on the tracks, I realized that I had forgotten to remove 2 switch levers that no longer had any use. After deleting them, my train can reach its destination.

Have a good day. Cheers

Hi everyone,

Thanks guys for your advice.

For my part, I continued my investigations and ... I found the solution !

In fact, after making some changes on the tracks, I realized that I had forgotten to remove 2 switch levers that no longer had any use. After deleting them, my train can reach its destination.

Have a good day. Cheers
Been there myself. I blamed the AI for mistakes I made or was a bug. I went as far as "firing" drivers, deleting them and setting up the sessions again for naught. Then one day I was poking around the route and found that:

1) I had a direction marker pointing the wrong way.
2) A track mark I placed was on the wrong track.
3) Some track marks and a direction marker were hanging from the catenary.*

Well, no wonder the AI were doing crazy things. They were actually following their directions for a change.

* In TS12 when splines became track, some spline assets weren't configured properly so that the catenary, along with some grass, fences, and some roads, acted like track and "attracted" track objects when the objects were adjusted. While placing or adjusting the track marks and direction marker, they had attached themselves to the wires above the track. They were in their right place but hanging above.

Since I couldn't fix the problem, I was going to rip out the tracks and rebuild the area again and it was then I saw the track marks and direction marker move while I was moving the catenary! I reported the problem to N3V immediately when they put out TS12 SP1 HF1.

The question remains. Did I rehire those same drivers back? Nope, of course not!

and the morality of all this: Ai is not the source of all our problems !
Exactly! You'd think I would learn, right!

Recently, I was testing this ongoing issue with AI drivers backing and running signals and direction markers.

Using a very complex routing, I setup the AI to drive along from one point to the other.
Well, my intentions were good but the execution was poor.

AI again exactly what I told them but not what I intended them to do. As I cursed at the driver and set up the driver again, I noticed I had put in the wrong station platform in the navigate to destination. No wonder the driver was backing up, taking the wrong tracks, and going way out of the way to get to where I wanted the driver to go.

While there may be a bug or two, well many more than a single bug or two, it's not always the AI that playing up and as we've all found out, sometimes the problems are what I call self-inflicted. This is why when a bug such as this with the AI doing nutty things, I was a bit reluctant to jump right up and say it was a bug. With Trainz and AI, past performance doesn't always guaranty future results.

Back