GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

That's a GP40-3 actually, but I am fan of the SD's!

The models shown are GP38-3.

I now have to decide what route to go as far as numbering or auto-numbering. There are quite a bit of differences between the GP38-3 as far as what the lineage the base model was. Some have square air filters and large fuel tanks, while others have small tanks and square air filters. And then there are different combos of the aforementioned. Then there is the issue of the radiator grills. Some are corrugated, some the older screens.

And to think, I still have to make a GP40-2 model to hack up into the GP40-3s. ugh.

May have to push back the ready date.

And, as always, get bored with one thing and start another....
CSX-CW44AC-Beta.jpg

CSX-CW44AC-Beta2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Already have a couple of uboats made, but none ready for primetime.

Been busy today playing around with height maps and normal maps. The AC4400CW is first. This is the grayscale height map render and I'm pleased with it. Problem is, the baked normal map doesn't look as smooth rendered and really looks like crap in game. So, I might try to see if I can find a way bake the height map to an overlay for the texture. I can go into the texture and hand draw all this but it's really time consuming with the shading and highlights. I did that on the MP15DC and it took forever.

CSX-CW44AC-Bump.jpg

~Trainmaster189

Quite a few.

While back I sold thousands of dollars worth of HO stuff. I'd go to the hobby shops/meets and splurge. Whatever struck my interest. Problem is, I'd buy the stuff, run it back and forth on a 16x2 shelf layout for a couple days and then throw it in the closet. Became a hoarder of sorts.

Now, it's the same story, making virtual trains. Same hoarding, but now the closet's a lot smaller and way more portable. :D

~Trainmaster189

Quite a few.

While back I sold thousands of dollars worth of HO stuff. I'd go to the hobby shops/meets and splurge. Whatever struck my interest. Problem is, I'd buy the stuff, run it back and forth on a 16x2 shelf layout for a couple days and then throw it in the closet. Became a hoarder of sorts.

Now, it's the same story, making virtual trains. Same hoarding, but now the closet's a lot smaller and way more portable. :D

I was expecting a list, but it's ok. I do agree that it's easier to collect virtual trains than model ones and I have several O gauge stuff and a few HO, but nothing beats my huge virtual collection.

Last edited:
4-8-4 Northern for my fictional railroad, the Minnesota and Northern. The base design is that of the Cotton Belt L-1/SP GS-8s with a mixture of UP, DM&IR and Milwaukee Road parts thrown in.

I know we need another coal gondola like we need a hole in the head but my FURX Gon is getting kind of close to nearly getting ready for export to the game, I'll start another thread in the content creators section shortly asking for help as i don't think i have my render to texture settings set correctly this thing just isnt as exciting as i thought in my mind how i wanted it to look if that makes sense lol.
render.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Back