GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Both of your electrics are beautiful, I think the amount of detail you've put in is amazing. How many polygons do they weigh in at?

Actually in this type of electric locomotives it is not the model that weighs, they are the bogies by their form, but it is not problem if we make a system of reduction of polygons (LOD's) that makes the polygons that I estimate according to The distance, ie to 1 meter could have 50,000 polygons and just 50 meters 2000 polygons without being appreciated in detail.:eek:

Regards

Portu

Some of those renders are great,

Hey all,

More junk, this time a sleeper discharge wagon, I started it about October and had issues trying to find the length of the none standard container, after working it out here's the current progress.

render_zpsfqvxtqfq.png

render1_zpsiv2srnpi.png

as these are fitted with Grade Control they'll come in SG also.

Cheers.

Nice work everyone. I especially like that station Trainboi1.

(From left to right) UP FEF-3, UP FEF-2, and UP FEF-1. Also, I am aware that the FEF-2 doesn't have a bell. (Reminder, this is a WIP shot, everthing is subject to change...)
Also, I think I went too high with the polys... On the boiler alone I am sitting at about 100K... Looks like I am going to need some serious LOD.:) Man, those drive wheels were an absolute bear to create...
PIC removed (Left: FEF-1 tender. Right: The well-known FEF centipede tender.) Polys are a little better on these but still sitting at around 170K between the two tenders. (Including details and such.)
PIC removed

I know since I was the the one who made those meshes to begin with. The CSA tender is not the correct one for the FEF-1. Next time ask for permission first before you reverse the mesh and claim it as your own. As I have not authorized you to do so. ANL

I know since I was the the one who made those meshes to begin with. The CSA tender is not the correct one for the FEF-1. Next time ask for permission first before you reverse the mesh and claim it as your own. As I have not authorized you to do so. ANL

Hi ANL, I do believe you are mistaken. I can't vouch for USSc1798 if he did in fact steal your mesh files, however he has posted in progress shots of the engine previously and his work on the 9000 class makes it very believable that he has actually put in the time and effort to build these engines.

Anyhow, good to see you again.

Hi ANL, I do believe you are mistaken. I can't vouch for USSc1798 if he did in fact steal your mesh files, however he has posted in progress shots of the engine previously and his work on the 9000 class makes it very believable that he has actually put in the time and effort to build these engines.

Anyhow, good to see you again.

I know USSc 1798 (Skype) and he is constantly using every second of free time he has (Considering he is currently in College) and I have watched him make them via share screen. He puts a lot of time and effort into making these for the public (Spoiler Alert: It wont be free), since ANL has stopped working or making models for trains due to gimme pigs. We all should be complimenting him and not accusing him of stealing mesh files. I have a sharp feeling I will receive a moderator message shortly after posting this. I am sticking out for my 'friend' who has been wrongly accused.

I know USSc 1798 (Skype) and he is constantly using every second of free time he has (Considering he is currently in College) and I have watched him make them via share screen. He puts a lot of time and effort into making these for the public (Spoiler Alert: It wont be free), since ANL has stopped working or making models for trains due to gimme pigs. We all should be complimenting him and not accusing him of stealing mesh files. I have a sharp feeling I will receive a moderator message shortly after posting this. I am sticking out for my 'friend' who has been wrongly accused.

If you think the mods will show up for the sake of you defending your friends then I think you misunderstand how the mods work here. I have yet to meet one that hasn't generally been very nice and helpful, and they do their jobs well.

Anyhow, I do have to agree that those are definitely his own meshes and not meshes he mined out from older anl content. I ghost on this thread often enough to keep up with what everyone's working on, he's been working quite hard on those. He has my respect, far better with blender than I likely will ever be.

Those don't look like CSA tenders. The FEF-1 tender had separate bogies instead of centipede wheel arrangements, and the CSA tender looks stubbier, at least to me.

Those don't look like CSA tenders. The FEF-1 tender had separate bogies instead of centipede wheel arrangements, and the CSA tender looks stubbier, at least to me.

You are right, the CSA tenders are class 19-C. These carry 19,000 gallons of water and 22 tons of coal or 6,000 gallons of oil. The FEF-1 class used class 20-C tenders. These where lengthened 19-C tenders to carry a little under 21,000 gallons. They had the same amount of coal or oil capacity as the class 19-C. Both types of tenders rode on the same 6-wheel truck configuration. Once the FEF-2 class came around the Union Pacific had adopted the use of the larger 14-wheel centipede tender for its big steam locomotives, so they ended up ditching the smaller 20-C tender in favor of the larger type 23-C tenders. These where nearly identical to the 25-C tenders built for the Big Boys and Challengers, save for the loss of 2,000 gallons of water due to the rounded corners on the tenders, in order to conform with the passenger cars better.

Whoah, Whoah Whoah, Lets not jump to conclusions here.

It appears that I goofed. In my haste to put up a progress screenshot here on the forums, I accidentally took a screenshot of the wrong mesh. This Is the correct mesh. (Still have to do final details.) I also do apologize for the confusion. The screenshot that I posted previously did in fact, show the CSA Tender. (Spoiler alert.) My mistake.

90d28211025ff15a8330c31dc8aa7c64.jpg

Also these ARE MY Meshes. I have spent over 5 months on them!
I will further prove that they are indeed mine as soon as time allows. In the meantime, I have classes to get to.

EDIT: Link to proof: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ead-(Large-Screenshots)&p=1599502#post1599502

Last edited:
Back