GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

More progress...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

How about waiting and being patient. I never once said these (Southern 630 and 722) would be out by summer. Do you realise how long it takes to make a steam engine?

I get tired of people constantly asking me about Southern 630 so Ive scrapped it and any other projects for now due to people not being patient. I build what I want when I want.

Please be patient with content creators as they do have lives outside of trainz. Thanks.

Apparently I underestimated the amount of time it takes to create a steam locomotive, as they looked like they only needed textures added and they would be ready for release. I know that you posted the picture, but it was a either you or n8phu posted the comment about the release date. It's unfortunate that 630 has been scrapped, as 4501 is the only Southern locomotive available for Trainz that is operating. I'm still trying to keep my hopes up, as there's always a chance that someone will make and release a model of 630. I once asked the guys at K&L Trainz if they would make a model of 630, but they said they wouldn't.

Once upon a time you could just be proud to show off what YOU could do but now days it's become a crime here to show anything at all if isn't released with in sum one else's time frame. At least sum of it is baked so i spose that's sumthing.

I do not have any program that is used to create content for Trainz from scratch. I also do not have enough patience to work on a piece of content for months, day after day. This is the reason why I prefer to reskin content, which wouldn't appear in this thread. Plus I prefer to hold my cards close to my chest.

Good one! Thanks to your Gimmi-pigness and lack of patience the trainz community has been deprived of content... I suggest you just shut up and be happy for what you have... If you don't like the progress of content make it your self!

If I was to comment on this post, it would make the situation worse.

It was actually to Jordans post this is a screenshot thread not a release thread the word vaporware does not belong here but has been allowed to be used.

I wouldn't be surprised if the word 'vaporware' has been used before. Oh shoot! I just used that word again! I guess I should get banned because I used that word in this thread again!

Apologies where apologies are due...
Satunr, sorry I got the avatars mixed up
My comment was Directed to Jordan412.
I am very sorry if my comments upset you...

Jordan412, Shutup with your gimmi pig comments and be content with content produced by others or take the initiative and make your own models

Again, if I was to comment on this post it would make this situation worse.

I was hoping for a reply from the creator, which I got, but I did not expect everybody deciding to join in and post derogatory comments about my post. It appears that the reason why people are leaving the forums are because of people joining in and posting similar comments because someone posted a post that they didn't like.

Last edited:
Come on guys. Grow up, jeez. Saturnr, lets just leave it that no one from the Erecting Hall gave a set date for the engine.

Brokensleeper, i appreciate the backup but it did come off more harsh than you intended. Ya, asking or bringing up old projects is a bad thing but eh, didnt hurt anyone :) thanks though.

When matruck said about the word vaporware, he meant it like this. People used to post models they are working on whether they are private or public, but now adays it seems that if someone posts pics its automatically assumed that its gonna be public as freeware or payware.

We dont truely know what the creator intends to do, so thats why we have the freeware and payware release threads. Thats all.

Hope my comment didnt come off as being ignorent :/

Very nice! What kind of renderer and which light sources you used?

cheers
Christian

Shouldn't you be on vacation? :p
I used the built-in Mental Ray renderer with an daylight assembly (Outdoor lighting, daylight set to February 20th at 02:30) then two arrrays of photometric spots at various levels with a volumetric light modifier applied to the ones on the outside, and finally a fog modifier. For the rendering I use the MentalRay.Daylighting.hi preset All image quality sliders to the max. Actually I wanted more fog to simulate a cold wintermorning, but that is another story.

11722327_922142841161548_2705775718197955493_o.jpg

A nice summer afternoon at Pladderballe platform 1 as it would look in the late forties. I just love these old commercials. The benches were found on Archibase and will need serious pruning polywise before they are useful for sim-gaming.
11722537_922485781127254_1152994162100112210_o.jpg

Back