GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

The locos of the Isle of Man Railway are all fitted with canvas "dodgers" to keep the worst of the Manx weather out of the cabs. Remember that these locos operated along the coast of an Island in the middle of the Irish sea, definitely not the most pleasant of climates!

You can see it in this old photo of number 13. These days they normally stay rolled up on the cab roof during nice weather (when most photos are taken!).

00-0-a-rs-greenwood-F9-IOM.jpg

Last edited:
Ed, I don't normally tinker around with narrow gauge, nor do I have much experience with it. But, by George, you most certainly are going to change the fact. Excellent work!

Lol, they are perhaps my most favorite (with the new 5000 series coming in second). I love the Mercury Green, Croydon Cream, and Swamp Holly Orange color scheme. Here is a better view. I've temporarily cloned the mesh to give an illusion of a x2 car train. I've got the door insets done and really the next biggest step is cutting out the side windows. Fortunately most of the windows have square edges so that saves me from having to chamfer them. I also have to include the standee windows in the texture file (and subsequently cut them out).

Last edited:
IRM and the Fox River Trolley Museum has some of those cars in there collection. The East Troy Electric Railroad once had one but they sadly scraped it.

Erecting Hall Steam Locomotives

I recall a while back that there was a line-up of steam locomotives made by a member of The Erecting Hall, I believe trainman7616. There was a post that said that they will be released during the summer of 2015. I was looking forward to this because one of the models shown was Southern 630. Will these ever be released or have they unfortunately become vaporware?

How about waiting and being patient. I never once said these (Southern 630 and 722) would be out by summer. Do you realise how long it takes to make a steam engine?

I get tired of people constantly asking me about Southern 630 so Ive scrapped it and any other projects for now due to people not being patient. I build what I want when I want.

Please be patient with content creators as they do have lives outside of trainz. Thanks.

I am disappointed to here that the 630/722 project and the other beautiful steamers have been halted. I hope one day if we (myself included, as I have always had patience issues) are all patient and non-gimme piggish that the projects will come back. I know I don't care how long it takes, but the thought of 630 just excites me weather it be in 2015, 2016, or 2017.

Once upon a time you could just be proud to show off what YOU could do but now days it's become a crime here to show anything at all if isn't released with in sum one else's time frame. At least sum of it is baked so i spose that's sumthing.

Once upon a time you could just be proud to show off what YOU could do but now days it's become a crime here to show anything at all if isn't released with in sum one else's time frame. At least sum of it is baked so i spose that's sumthing.

All I said was, MOST of the stuff here isn't released, so people shouldn't get their hopes up. Some newbies here wouldn't know that. :)

Gosh, and I thought I was crabby! :hehe:

It was actually to Jordans post this is a screenshot thread not a release thread the word vaporware does not belong here but has been allowed to be used.

I am disappointed to here that the 630/722 project and the other beautiful steamers have been halted. I hope one day if we (myself included, as I have always had patience issues) are all patient and non-gimme piggish that the projects will come back. I know I don't care how long it takes, but the thought of 630 just excites me weather it be in 2015, 2016, or 2017.

Good one! Thanks to your Gimmi-pigness and lack of patience the trainz community has been deprived of content... I suggest you just shut up and be happy for what you have... If you don't like the progress of content make it your self!

Good one! Thanks to your Gimmi-pigness and lack of patience the trainz community has been deprived of content... I suggest you just shut up and be happy for what you have... If you don't like the progress of content make it your self!

Well thank you for that slap in the face, I was trying to be nice and apologize, and this is how you treat me. I guarantee you would never say that to my face (and if you did you would get plenty back from my mouth). I am happy for what I have and enjoy seeing the real 630, so I would greatly appreciate if you wouldn't jump down my throat, and call me a Gimme Pig, when I was trying to say I don't care when the model comes, I just like 630, I wasn't saying I want it now.

Perhaps you think I was the one that made the first inquiry about the summer 2015 release date, because myself and the member who made that comment both have a Crescent Limited Ps-4 avatar. I was just politely trying to say that I didn't care when the release was because I just hope for an eventual release rather than cancelation since I had showed interest in the project at its inception. I even supplied some Southern Ks-1 plans to another creator that I was told by him where forwarded on to trainman7616.

Last edited:
Apologies where apologies are due...
Satunr, sorry I got the avatars mixed up
My comment was Directed to Jordan412.
I am very sorry if my comments upset you...

Jordan412, Shutup with your gimmi pig comments and be content with content produced by others or take the initiative and make your own models

Apologies where apologies are due...
Satunr, sorry I got the avatars mixed up
My comment was Directed to Jordan412.
I am very sorry if my comments upset you...

Jordan412, Shutup with your gimmi pig comments and be content with content produced by others or take the initiative and make your own models

Thank you.
I am sorry if I was overly rude in my initial response.

Back