GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Thanks ! Although the wheels still refuse to turn, everything else is fine. I'm still looking for the bug...

Edit: Fixed the wheel spin problem... all ok. Now for the cab.

Last edited:
Fixed silly problem with wheels...she's alive, kicking and rolling!!

Stadler-Euro-4001-2023.jpg

Looks to be very much 'all there' - superb modelling!

Is this model the same or a similar type as a UK class 93?

Rob.

Last edited:
Is this model the same or a similar type as a UK class 93? Rob.

Actually, "almost everything" is there: 180,000 polys at Lod0 including bogies.

Look for some information about the Class 93 ...
There are 30 under construction right now, 10 of them should released at any moment.
I think they only have the manufacturer in common...
Mine is a 7 unit batch Euro 4001 pure diesel with a 3400 HP Caterpillar C-175/16 and Co-Co configuration (3 axles/3 motors). The first ones have arrived a few days ago. Externally it is very similar to the EuroDual.

On the other hand, the Class 93 would be a new EuroLight, besides being Bo-Bo (2 axles/2 motors) and tri-mode (electric-diesel-battery) it is more powerful and seems quite different, according to the images I have seen ...
Although the general base may be the same , speaking of the model ...

https://www.railvolution.net/news/the-first-class-93-locomotive-completed

Actually, "almost everything" is there: 180,000 polys at Lod0 including bogies.

Look for some information about the Class 93 ...
There are 30 under construction right now, 10 of them should released at any moment.
I think they only have the manufacturer in common...
Mine is a 7 unit batch Euro 4001 pure diesel with a 3400 HP Caterpillar C-175/16 and Co-Co configuration (3 axles/3 motors). The first ones have arrived a few days ago. Externally it is very similar to the EuroDual.

On the other hand, the Class 93 would be a new EuroLight, besides being Bo-Bo (2 axles/2 motors) and tri-mode (electric-diesel-battery) it is more powerful and seems quite different, according to the images I have seen ...
Although the general base may be the same , speaking of the model ...

https://www.railvolution.net/news/the-first-class-93-locomotive-completed

Yes, class 93 made by same manufacturer and looks similar but that's about all, thank you for the info and the link.

Rob.

Accompanying the Stadler Euro4001 locomotives, we completed the first of 120 wagons specially manufactured in Asturias, Spain. They weigh 22 tons, with a useful load of 64 tons for the roof or folding canvas sides, measuring 17.4 m long.

Since I realized modelling a locomotive was not as easy as I thought, I decided for now to model trackside objects.

One of the first things I am modelling is a Positive Train Control antenna tower, which can be found at interlockings and signals on mainlines equipped with PTC.

PTC-Antenna-Mast.jpg

Last edited:
Back